HAIR COVERINGS

lizziejane
lizziejane Member Posts: 69
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY HAIR---I HAVE A PRE TIED SCARF FROM THE AM CANCER SOCIETY, BUT WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO MAKE MY OWN....THE TLC CATALOGUE HAS MANY I LIKE, BUT I CANNOT AFFORD THE 15.00 PRICE TAG....DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY I CAN GET THE PATTERNS FOR THESE SCARVES????

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Hi
    Hi Lizziejane. There are a couple of sites you might want to check out. You can get free hats at heavenlyhats.com. It is a site that was started by a young kid that now helps so many bc survivors. Also, go to www.franceluxe.com and click at the top right on Good Wishes & TNBC. You can pick out a beautiful scarf and they will not charge you. Many here have gotten the scarves and absolutely love them. I hope this helps you some.

♥ Noel
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    When I started making my
    When I started making my scarves I just bought some real cheap material and using one I'd been given (didn't really like the way it fit) and using it as a start for measurements, just started making them. Most are a little different as I keep getting slightly different ideas. The easiest to make if you want something that is warm (winter is already here - western SoDak) is a fleece "Momba-sok".
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Rague said:

When I started making my
    When I started making my scarves I just bought some real cheap material and using one I'd been given (didn't really like the way it fit) and using it as a start for measurements, just started making them. Most are a little different as I keep getting slightly different ideas. The easiest to make if you want something that is warm (winter is already here - western SoDak) is a fleece "Momba-sok".

I know someone on here
    I know someone on here posted a lot of information about how to tie the scarves. Maybe, google it and see what you come up with? I hope someone who knows will post to you and let you know.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    DianeBC said:

I know someone on here
    I know someone on here posted a lot of information about how to tie the scarves. Maybe, google it and see what you come up with? I hope someone who knows will post to you and let you know.

Hugs, Diane ♥

Look at the thread
    Look at the thread patterns/directions for scarves. I thought it might help you.

Sue :)
  • lizziejane
    Noel said:

Hi
    Hi Lizziejane. There are a couple of sites you might want to check out. You can get free hats at heavenlyhats.com. It is a site that was started by a young kid that now helps so many bc survivors. Also, go to www.franceluxe.com and click at the top right on Good Wishes & TNBC. You can pick out a beautiful scarf and they will not charge you. Many here have gotten the scarves and absolutely love them. I hope this helps you some.

♥ Noel

HAIR COVERINGS
    THANKS---I HAVE THE HAT ORDERED...COULDN'T MANAGE TO ORDER THE SCARF, BUT, WILL TRY AGAIN WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME TO MESS WITH IT----I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH A COMPUTER...
    TAKE CARE,
    LIZZIE JANE
  • lizziejane
    Rague said:

When I started making my

YOU WOULD THINK THAT MACALLS
    YOU WOULD THINK THAT MACALLS OR SIMPLICITY WOULD HAVE A SCARF PATTERN, SHOWING DIFFERENT WAYS OF TYING--AND DIFFERENT STYLES.
    I HAVE A SMALL HEAD, SO WOULD LIKE--SOME LINING SO MY HEAD DOESN'T LOOK SO FLAT....GUESS I WILL JUST DO WHAT YOU HAVE AND HOPE THEY TURN OUT OK.....I HAVE A BROTHER IN LAW AND FAMILY IN BOWMAN, NORTH DAKOTA...I COULD USE FLEECE SINCE I LIVE IN MISSOURI AND IT CAN GET PRETTY COLD HERE.
    THANKS---TAKE CARE,
    LIZZIE JANE
  • lizziejane
    DianeBC said:

I know someone on here

Hugs, Diane ♥

I'LL TRY THAT
    I'LL TRY THAT TOMORROW..
    THANKS,
    LIZZIEJANE
  • lizziejane
    Ritzy said:

Look at the thread
    Look at the thread patterns/directions for scarves. I thought it might help you.

Sue :)

SORRY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU
    SORRY, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY THREAD PATTERS/DIRECTIONS FOR SCARVES???? WOULD I JUST GOOGLE THAT OR WHAT???
    THANKS
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    LizzieJane , your local
    LizzieJane , your local Amer. Cancer Society will give you free wigs, scarfs, and hats...Go see them!
  • mcsessions
    mcsessions Member Posts: 48

HAIR COVERINGS
    THANKS---I HAVE THE HAT ORDERED...COULDN'T MANAGE TO ORDER THE SCARF, BUT, WILL TRY AGAIN WHEN I HAVE MORE TIME TO MESS WITH IT----I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH A COMPUTER...
    TAKE CARE,
    LIZZIE JANE

you can also call them
    can also call them, it might be even better so you get your scarf sooner.