So very Tired

Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Okay, so I have only 3 more Taxol treatments left out of 12. I also am getting herceptin which will continue for a total of 52 weeks. I will start Rads when I am done with Taxol. Lately, the last 3 weeks or so, I am so tired I can't stand it. Can barely even go shopping and I love shopping. I thought I was doing great until now. Is this normal? If so how long will it last and I heard Rads makes you tired as well. I will be in a coma if thats true.

Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Yes feeling tired is very
    Yes feeling tired is very normal. I understand what you mean. I was very tired during chemo and am very tired now that I am doing RADS. I can't say how long it will last, I don't remember it ending between chemo and RADS. Do wat you feel up to doing, drink water and rest! Some days are better than others. Hang in there!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    No Comas
    Kat, I am sorry that you're feeling so tired. But you won't end up in a coma. It's normal to feel so tired.

I felt--and still feel-so frustrated when I'm too tired to do even the things I love, like shopping. For months, I did not have enough energy to visit my favorite store, Target. I kept telling Joe how much money we were saving, with me too tired for retail therapy!

Napping and taking very short trips with plenty of rest breaks will help. If you notice you have more energy at a certain time of day or night, try to get out then. Take someone with you who will help you and remind you to take breaks and who will notice when your energy begins to go lower and encourage you to head home before you hit bottom. Even today, my friends and Joe will warn me not to overdo and insist on taking a break or heading back home.

I will be honest and tell you rads makes you tired, too. But at least you are not sick, as with chemo. You should be able to get out and about, again just not as often or for as long a time.

It sucks, doesn't it, to be lying or sitting on your sofa at home instead of enjoying everyday pleasures like driving yourself around and popping into your favorite stores. But, I promise, the tiredness will lift significantly. You are over the worst, Kat, truly. Hang in there, and you'll be Christmas shopping before you know it. Just plan on taking your time!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Ah, Kat. The "tireds" are
    Ah, Kat. The "tireds" are normal. Thank goodness you are over the chemo hump. As hard as it is, especially with the holiday season ALREADY upon us, it's important to rest to keep up your immune system. I took up Internet shopping big time, and although not as much fun as the real thing and definitely not as much fun as thrift stores, it did help fill the void ; ) ... My family's big snicker is that "Mom can't even make it through a movie" anymore. I have to be quick to "call couch" or I find myself waking up to some very uncomfortable positions. Try not to fight it and give yourself some slack. This chemo/rad job is exhausting and the pay sucks. xoxoxox Lynn
  • terpsi
    terpsi Member Posts: 33
    tired comes with the turf
    Hi Kat,

No matter what we are doing--chemo or rads--fatigue is a constant companion. I have always had a lot of energy (some say an annoying lot of energy :)). Now, like yesterday, I lose my voice halfway through my day. Yesterday, working from home, I was on the phone a few times and mostly on the computer, as usual. By 11 am my voice was so hoarse I could barely talk. That seems to be my current obvious signal that I'm tired. The rest of the day I pushed to get through the day and then fell asleep for a couple of hours in the evening.

I am also on Taxol currently but on a two-week break so I could get my seasonal and H1N1 flu vaccines. Even with the break, the side effects are still nagging me for attention :). Most of them have eased a tiny bit, but they're still there along with my, seemingly, BFF fatigue.

Hang in there and take 30-minute naps :). It helps get me through the day when I do it. Otherwise, I crash in the evening.

Hugs,
    donna peach

I hope this posts--I've written two others that just vanished after I clicked POST COMMENT--aargh.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    terpsi said:

tired comes with the turf
    Hi Kat,

No matter what we are doing--chemo or rads--fatigue is a constant companion. I have always had a lot of energy (some say an annoying lot of energy :)). Now, like yesterday, I lose my voice halfway through my day. Yesterday, working from home, I was on the phone a few times and mostly on the computer, as usual. By 11 am my voice was so hoarse I could barely talk. That seems to be my current obvious signal that I'm tired. The rest of the day I pushed to get through the day and then fell asleep for a couple of hours in the evening.

I am also on Taxol currently but on a two-week break so I could get my seasonal and H1N1 flu vaccines. Even with the break, the side effects are still nagging me for attention :). Most of them have eased a tiny bit, but they're still there along with my, seemingly, BFF fatigue.

Hang in there and take 30-minute naps :). It helps get me through the day when I do it. Otherwise, I crash in the evening.

Hugs,
    donna peach

I hope this posts--I've written two others that just vanished after I clicked POST COMMENT--aargh.

Thank you all, Moopy, you
    Thank you all, Moopy, you know its bad if you can't enjoy walking through Target. We are also saving money. I'll have to try this internet shopping. Thanks again to all I just was not sure why after all this time i am feeeling it now.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Kat11 said:

Thank you all, Moopy, you
    Thank you all, Moopy, you know its bad if you can't enjoy walking through Target. We are also saving money. I'll have to try this internet shopping. Thanks again to all I just was not sure why after all this time i am feeeling it now.

Kat!
    I was absolutely knackered on the taxotare (Taxol) but really got my energy back during Rads. I hope the same goes for you... I erected a picket fence, Planted 27 shrubs, finished the privacy fencing and tiled and grouted the kitchen wall..Until I got too sore to do much, then I read hundreds of books (Most of which I had read before, but didn't remember cos the chemo-brain had me in knots LOL)
    Kat.. you are feeling it now because it builds up gradually. I hope you'll pick up after the taxol, i certainly did. Anyway, Huge Hugs to you... Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx