nutrition for surgery 2

seof
seof Member Posts: 819 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am sorry I am so slow to respond, but here's a follow-up to my earlier posting...you can get the protein shots and bars at a pharmacy or Wal-Mart. You can also get the shots at "Smoothie King" if you have one nearby.

"Live long and Prosper" seof

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Confused
    Seof, you can actually go into WalMart and buy a protein shot? Is it at the pharmacy? I have never heard of this. And, you just give yourself the shot? Where? Or, am I not understanding this? thanks!

Leeza
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    jnl said:

Confused
    Seof, you can actually go into WalMart and buy a protein shot? Is it at the pharmacy? I have never heard of this. And, you just give yourself the shot? Where? Or, am I not understanding this? thanks!

Leeza

LOL
    Hey Leeza...I think they are shots in the sense that you would do a "shot" of liquor! You know...down the hatch!! I do caffine shots once in a while if I am wanning in the afternoon and need to finish something. They REALLY boost me!! Pammy
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Sorry it is confusing
    Yes, the term "shot" is confusing, I should have clarified. It is "shot" in the term of a drink, not injection.

seof
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    seof said:

Sorry it is confusing
    Yes, the term "shot" is confusing, I should have clarified. It is "shot" in the term of a drink, not injection.

seof

Oh
    I was confused by this too when I saw the first posting about it. I couldn't understand how they would just give us injections of protein to take home and shoot ourselves up with. So, I am going to blame the absence of my brain working on rad brain. lol Thanks for clearing this up seof. I will have to check into this. I sure could use something to give me more energy.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    DianeBC said:

Oh
    I was confused by this too when I saw the first posting about it. I couldn't understand how they would just give us injections of protein to take home and shoot ourselves up with. So, I am going to blame the absence of my brain working on rad brain. lol Thanks for clearing this up seof. I will have to check into this. I sure could use something to give me more energy.

Hugs, Diane ♥

I need it!
    I am going to look into getting these "shots". Can you get them at any pharmacy? Do you have to ask for them or are they just on the shelves? Ok, I am confused bad too.

Debby