Hey everyone,Good news ,I am moving on to Radiation.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
well alot of you have seen my post when I had a allergic reation to the last Chemo.I had two rounds to go.I went today and the Dr.talked to me and said we are done with Chemo.I couln,t beleive it.She thinks I will be fine without the last two.She said it was two bad a allergic reaction to give another one.She would have to start all over with a new cocktail and she didn,t think it was necesary.So I start Radiation in the next week or so.I am very happy about it.So now I can join the radiation girls.Any advice would be appriatted.Thanks.Love and Prayers.(Pat).

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Pat .. I am so jealous ... Not with the 2 allergic
    reactions, hospital visits, or rashes -- just at the thought of being finished with Chemo in general. I'm half there .. just finished week 9 out of 18.

Good luck with the Rad's. Do the Gals on Rad's have hair ???

VickiSam
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Seems like someone listened
    Seems like someone listened to our prayers for you. Glad to hear you're done with chemo and hope radiation goes well. Love, Sunrae
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    VickiSam said:

Pat .. I am so jealous ... Not with the 2 allergic
    reactions, hospital visits, or rashes -- just at the thought of being finished with Chemo in general. I'm half there .. just finished week 9 out of 18.

Good luck with the Rad's. Do the Gals on Rad's have hair ???

VickiSam

Welcome to rads Pat...
    This

Welcome to rads Pat...
    This Rad gal doesn't have hair (although I think it is starting to sprout a little)...and is losing her eyebrows and lashes now too....bummer!But rads beat chemo anyday....so yay for Pat!
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Congratulations on your "graduation"
    from chemo to rads!! I'm so glad that the doc let you graduate "early" because I know how hard that last round of chemo was and how scared you were. God is good. Will miss you as a chemo chick but am cheering you on as a rad woman. Lola
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    That's great! I am happy to
    That's great! I am happy to hear you don't have to endure more! RAD treatments are so fast, you are in and out quicker than it takes you to change into the gown! I am in the middle of my 4th week and it seems to have flown by!
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    great news
    I'm so happy fr you. I had 4 treatments of chemo, just ended 6 wks ago. On my 4th wk of rads. I was so sick with chemo, rads to me is much "better"....side effects breast area warm, breast area change color to pink, fatugue, tired. I was out of work while chemo but working F/T while rads. I will pray for you.........
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Taina said:

great news
    I'm so happy fr you. I had 4 treatments of chemo, just ended 6 wks ago. On my 4th wk of rads. I was so sick with chemo, rads to me is much "better"....side effects breast area warm, breast area change color to pink, fatugue, tired. I was out of work while chemo but working F/T while rads. I will pray for you.........

Next step
    Thank you for the update. I was thinking about your Chemo journey.
    You still need a plenty of rest and good nutrition.
    You on your way to finish your treatment, just keep going.
    Hugs