Reading your posts...

liddee
liddee Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, I was just dx with a recurrance of br ca with peritoneal involvement (stage 4). I was shocked because my last mammo was normal but doc said when it re appears, it's still considered breast ca. I was very bummed!! I had my ovaries removed which were clear of ca as well as my appendix (healthy but removed to allow for abdominal space)and a layer of obendum (sp ?) near my bowel where the surgeon removed a "string of small tumors" that were responsible for a partial bowel obstruction I had been experiencing since August 09. I'm glad that the mystery was solved because the docs couldn't figure it out. I was having abdominal pain for nearly 2 months after eating, with nausea, constipation & diahreah----uggg, however, I am now worried about the outcome. In about three weeks, I'll have a chemo port put in and start gemstar. Has anyone had a similar experience? Also, what is gemstar like? I had adriamiacin/cytoxin and taxotere the first time (nearly 8 years ago and was cancer free until this past summer)and did ok. Hoping to hear some encouraging news. Thank you!!

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    So sorry
    Hi liddee. I am so sorry. I wish I could help to answer your questions, but, I don't have any answers for you. I am hoping that someone with some knowledge of what you are going thru can. Just want you to know that we are here to help and support you always.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Welcome, Liddee
    I'm sorry you've had a recurrence. It sounds like you've been through a lot in the last few months. I have not had Gemstar, but I did have TAC, too. There are other Stage IV women here who might chime in. I wish you the best.

Mimi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Yes, but only if it is the same type...
    I was 'lucky' enough to have 2 different types...both primary site...now NO ONE will EVER insure me for my health without a wopping 'exclusion' clause for both cancers...

You might post a thread on the colorectal board (my 'other' home...lol)...they can help with some of the sides, etc...I know campostar is one of the regimes there...

Sorry for the reoccurance...but, I'm still here, after both of mine (stage III rectal, stage II breast), after almost 5 years...there is ALWAYS hope!

Hugs, Kathi