My udate

love9kidz
love9kidz Member Posts: 23
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone,

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

I had my fourth round of AC chemo on Friday and my Neulasta shot on Saturday. I thank God almighty that I have not had many complications from this. I get tired by the 4th day after treatments but I have never had any nausea or vomiting. I did have diarrhea after the first two treatments when I was on the clinical trial for Avasttin but now I only have constipation since being off the trial. I have not lost any weight. Even though food does not taste good, I make myself eat and drink plenty. I start 12 weeks of Taxol in two weeks and then 6-1/2 weeks of radiation after that. I have been able to work during all of this because I work at home. I am still able to function on my low days but I just move a little slower. There has not been anything that I have not been able to do since going through treatments. I still go to church and continue to give God the praise because I know that when praises go up, blessings come down. I know that by his stripes I am healed and I will have the victory over this beast called cancer.

I encourage you my sisters and brothers to speak positively at all times. Do not let the devil steal your joy. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.

God bless you all and may heaven smile upon you.

Virginia

Comments

• pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Virginia
    WOW, your high spirits and positive attitude is wonderful to read. Your faith in God is great and you are so correct, praises up, blessings down. I too am after this beast we call cancer and plan to fight it with Gods help. I finished A/C two weeks ago and have had one of twelve Taxol just as you have. I too will be undergoing 7 weeks of rads (after) I have surgery. I'm doing chemo(to shrink tumor down to an operable size), then surgery (both breasts, all lymph nodes, both ovaries) then radiation. Long road ahead but I have a good start on it. Sounds like were both at the same stage of our treatment. Have a blessed day and thank you for shining your spirit and love of God down on us all!!
    God Bless,
    Kari
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Virginia
    Your post was so uplifting! Thank You so much, I needed it today!! Hugs, Diane
  • love9kidz
    love9kidz Member Posts: 23

Virginia
    WOW, your high spirits and positive attitude is wonderful to read. Your faith in God is great and you are so correct, praises up, blessings down. I too am after this beast we call cancer and plan to fight it with Gods help. I finished A/C two weeks ago and have had one of twelve Taxol just as you have. I too will be undergoing 7 weeks of rads (after) I have surgery. I'm doing chemo(to shrink tumor down to an operable size), then surgery (both breasts, all lymph nodes, both ovaries) then radiation. Long road ahead but I have a good start on it. Sounds like were both at the same stage of our treatment. Have a blessed day and thank you for shining your spirit and love of God down on us all!!
    God Bless,
    Kari

my update
    Hi Kari,

I have to be positive. I have six kids at home that I am fighting for. My mother was 39 when she died of breast cancer and left eight children, six of whom I raised for a few years. When I first got diagnosed, I did not cry and have only cried once since diagnosis, I just started praying and asking God for strength to get me through this and he has done just that. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I shall live and not die. The bible does not lie. I trust it and I believe in it with my whole heart. I had a lumpectomy with complete axillary node dissection before chemo because my lump was small. I also have a port. Again, God is good. That's all I can say.

God Bless.

Virginia
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Virginia
    Thank you so very much your post was just so uplifting to me. God and heaven are also smiling on you and through you to us.
    jackie
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    love9kidz said:

my update
    Hi Kari,

I have to be positive. I have six kids at home that I am fighting for. My mother was 39 when she died of breast cancer and left eight children, six of whom I raised for a few years. When I first got diagnosed, I did not cry and have only cried once since diagnosis, I just started praying and asking God for strength to get me through this and he has done just that. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I shall live and not die. The bible does not lie. I trust it and I believe in it with my whole heart. I had a lumpectomy with complete axillary node dissection before chemo because my lump was small. I also have a port. Again, God is good. That's all I can say.

God Bless.

Virginia

God Bless.........
    Your posts are so uplifing......I too have put myself in God's hands....what better place to be.......And through out this 8 month ordeal God has answered so many of my prayers, big and small.....I couldn't have gotten through this without my faith and the love and support of my husband and grown kids.

I will storm the gates of heaven with prayer for his love and healing for you.....
    Peace be with you
    Nancy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Virginia,
    I am glad you are doing well and wish for you continued success and peace.

Mimi
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Thank you...
    For the spiritual encouragement....I needed that! Pammy