finished chemo

mberg
mberg Member Posts: 62
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am finished with all six rounds of my chemo!!!I have a bilateral scheduled on November 20th, followed by radiation. I feel like this is going on forever!I decided to go with bilateral with tissue ex panders and implants. I have 2 kids and 3 dogs and didn't think the flap route was the best!! I haven't posted in a while because i have been having a pity party for myself i guess. I feel like I lost so much in the last few months, then came Halloween and i was too chemo sick to go with my 3 yr old trick or treating, and now surgery at Thanksgiving!I am trying to get out of my slump, any advice? What did you wear from the hospital after surgery?How bad is it pain wise? I am very nervous and scared. I was doing better until i realized i didn't know what time my surgery was scheduled, so i looked it up in the scheduler at my work (I work at the hospital where i am having surgery). Seeing it in black and white scared the, well, you know. Any help, advice, words,prayers would be appreciated! thanks monica

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Monica
    Monica,
    Congrats on your finishing chemo.
    Good luck with your surgery. I had a bilat with tissue expanders in Feb and will be having the expanders exchanged for silicone next week 11/9. Tips for what to wear--either button or zip front.
    Pain--everyone is different--I never had any pain. They could not give me Morphine since I am allergic to it so while I was at the hospital they gave me something else but I really wasn't ever in pain. When I came home I only took one pain pill and I took that for a just in case pain would come and it never did so no more pain meds for me.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    So sorry
    I know how difficult it must have been to not go with your 3 year old on Halloween. I am so sorry. I want you to know that while I do not have your specific answers-like the post above you will have more advise soon. Try to stay connected here more to fight the blues. There is great support here. You will be in my prayers rest in that while you wait for more advise.

Becky
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    always said:

So sorry
    I know how difficult it must have been to not go with your 3 year old on Halloween. I am so sorry. I want you to know that while I do not have your specific answers-like the post above you will have more advise soon. Try to stay connected here more to fight the blues. There is great support here. You will be in my prayers rest in that while you wait for more advise.

Becky

Congrats
    on making it thru chemo...I cant wait til the day I make that kind of post! I have 3 more to do.
    Sam
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Sam726 said:

Congrats
    on making it thru chemo...I cant wait til the day I make that kind of post! I have 3 more to do.
    Sam

Hang in there
    Monica... congratulations on finishing up with AC. As far as surgery goes ... we're all different and have different levels of discomfort/pain ... but they have so many drugs out there now to handle pain I'm sure they'll have something to make you feel better.

I know you must be disappointed about not feeling up to doing Halloween ... and with Thanksgiving coming right after your surgery ... I'm sure that's on your mind too. But ... just consider this your Thanksgiving to take a total break from EVERYTHING. Don't push yourself to do ANYTHING. Let everyone else do it all. Let them wait on you hand and foot. Just take it easy and let friends and family take care of you and then by the time Christmas rolls around you'll be feeling much better.

Take care.

hugs.
    teena
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Congratulations on finishing
    Congratulations on finishing chemo! You have passed a huge milestone! I don't have any advice on getting through the surgery and what to wear home but I know there are many ladies here who will!
    I am so sorry to hear you have been feeling down. The one thing I always try to do is think about all the good things in my life that make me happy. In my case its my little grandson who lights up my life! He is currently in Germany but I look at photos and videos of him regularly.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulations, Monica, on
    Congratulations, Monica, on completing chemo. I know how happy I was on that day and I'm sure you're feeling the same joy. Sending prayers your way on getting through your surgery. We're here for you and keep us posted. Take care.
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    MONICA
    Congrats on finishing chemo!! I had my last treatment of Taxol last Thurs. Will have Herceptin for a year. I will be following in your footsteps. I will meet with the surgeon this Thurs. to see what is next. I too am interested as to what to expect!! Best of Luck to you and I know all will go well for us!! Hugs, Diane