I'm also joining the Chemo Girls Club

Options
Aliaslisa
Aliaslisa Member Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just moved to L.A. from San Diego, to be with my family. On Friday, on my first appointment with a chemotherapy oncologist, he took one look at my breast and set me up for chemo on Monday. On the same day, he had me get a PICC line and blood work. I also had a bone scan and a CT scan. He's not wasting any time. I'm glad though. I have been procrastinating because I wanted to stay in denial as long as possible. But my breast is so sore and swollen that I can hardly sleep any way except on my back, with pillows under my head. So, I want this treated NOW! Wish me luck.

Comments

• meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    I was diagnosed with
    I was diagnosed with Inflammatory breast cancer in July 2008. Luckily, I went to a Gyn who diagnosed it right away and sent me to his cousin who is a Breast Surgeon. With this type of cancer, they get you into treatment right away, there are no choices. I had 12 weekly rounds of Chemo (taxol), a masectomy, and 25 radiation treatments. I only had the 1 breast removed. My breast was also very swollen and sore, the chemo worked right away. After the first week, my breast was much better. I know there are some scary stories about Inflammatory Breast Cancer, but it is treatable. I feel really well now, so there is hope. I still see my oncogist every 8 weeks, and i have lab work done every month. I am glad you are getting into treatment right away. So, take a deep breath and take care of yourself. Good luck tommorrow and keep me posted on how you are doing.
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    I am sorry for what you have
    I am sorry for what you have had to deal with so far, but I'm glad that you have a renewed energy to face this head-on now. Please post and let us know how you do on Monday. You will get through this and feel better when all is done. I look at chemo as my "cleaning" to get rid of the cancer. Good luck! Pitt
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Aliaslisa
    I was sorry to hear of your dx, but am glad you are not in denial anymore. You are on a site of wonderful and knowledgeable people. We are here to help. Keep your spirits and hopes HIGH and you will get through this!! Hugs, Diane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

I am sorry for what you have
    I am sorry for what you have had to deal with so far, but I'm glad that you have a renewed energy to face this head-on now. Please post and let us know how you do on Monday. You will get through this and feel better when all is done. I look at chemo as my "cleaning" to get rid of the cancer. Good luck! Pitt

Alisa Lisa .. Welcome to the boards
    Like others before us - we are here for us, 24/7. It appears that your treatment, PICC and testing is moving forward quite quickly. Waiting is one of the hardest parts of any breast cancer diagnosis.

If you are overwhelmed, please take a tape recorder to each appointment or a good friend. Never be afraid to ask the same question again. Just a suggestion.

Please post and let us know how you are doing.

VickiSam
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    Welcome!
    Glad you are starting treatment right away - hope all goes well tomorrow - take care and keep us up to date
    -Jenny
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Good luck!
  • Aliaslisa
    Aliaslisa Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Good luck!

Good luck!

Thanks to all who replied.
    Thanks to all of you that took the time to reply. I am very glad to have found this site! I may have to do chemotherapy for a year. Maybe not. My doctor did say that the swelling and soreness should go away very quickly once I began treatment, and I am glad to have that confirmed by women who have "been there." Lisa.