xskeetshooter
xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
1/2 way thru chemo, but a little nervous of the taxol

Comments

• mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi xskeetshooter
    I had adriamycin/cytoxan every 2 wks x 4 sessions then switched to taxol/herceptin and truly the taxol was MUCH easier. I did have bone pain and muscle achiness. Ask your doctor for a rx for either claritin or allegra. They are both antihistamines. I used the allegra and it helped alot. I still felt a little achy but no worse than a good workout.

Hang in there...YOu are half way done!!!!

Hugs
    Linda T
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi xskeetshooter
    I had adriamycin/cytoxan every 2 wks x 4 sessions then switched to taxol/herceptin and truly the taxol was MUCH easier. I did have bone pain and muscle achiness. Ask your doctor for a rx for either claritin or allegra. They are both antihistamines. I used the allegra and it helped alot. I still felt a little achy but no worse than a good workout.

Hang in there...YOu are half way done!!!!

Hugs
    Linda T

My mom had four rounds of
    My mom had four rounds of AD/CY and then four rounds of taxol and just like mlmjt1 above, the taxol was a breeze compared to the adriamycin/cytoxan. You are halfway done, and you're on the downhill slope! YOU CAN DO THIS! :)
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    I had 12 weekly rounds of
    I had 12 weekly rounds of Taxol and it wasn't that bad. I had some indigestion and was tired, but other than that i did not have any problems. I have heard that the taxol is a lot easier treatment. Good luck, and keep us posted.
  • JmG86
    JmG86 Member Posts: 53
    Don't worry, you'll do great
    Don't worry, you'll do great on the taxol. I did it three weeks on one week off for a full year. The side effects were minimal, and totally dealable. Good luck!
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    xskeetshooter
    My first round was A/C,then I just finished Taxol and will have Herceptin for a year. The Taxol made me tired some weeks but it was alot easier than the A/C. Hugs to you and don't worry, Diane
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Taxol was much...
    better than A/C. My first four rounds were A/C - every two weeks - then Taxol every two weeks for 8 weeks. It was much better - maybe a little achey a few days after but much more tolerable. You're doing great! 1/2 done - it'll be over before you know it!
    -Jenny
  • lmmo
    lmmo Member Posts: 56

Taxol was much...
    better than A/C. My first four rounds were A/C - every two weeks - then Taxol every two weeks for 8 weeks. It was much better - maybe a little achey a few days after but much more tolerable. You're doing great! 1/2 done - it'll be over before you know it!
    -Jenny

taxol and bone pain
    My bone pain woke me at 12:30 Fri night and has been excrutiating (sp). I have tried tylenol, claratin, motrin,red wine, percocet and vicadin...nothing works, can not sleep. Any other helpful ideas?
    Lisa
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    lmmo said:

taxol and bone pain
    My bone pain woke me at 12:30 Fri night and has been excrutiating (sp). I have tried tylenol, claratin, motrin,red wine, percocet and vicadin...nothing works, can not sleep. Any other helpful ideas?
    Lisa

Taxol/Taxotare
    Bone/Muscle pain..........was awful..........but only for a few days/hours etc

It got better after the first treatment............. I hope this works for you. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx My doc prescribed Oxycocet.............It knocked me out but it did workxxx