Anyone have words of wisdom for me?

mlmjt1
mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all!
I just finished chemo about 3 wks ago and am doing herceptin every 3 wks now for a year. I still have reconstruction to do, my expander on the right side has to go back in in January.

My question is this...I feel like I am always looking for something wrong with me. I had a 4mm spot on my liver before I started chemo. My oncologist, my internist and the radiologist all told me not to worry, they see them all the time, but my oncologist is always checking my liver for pain and enlargement and after my last chemo she said my liver enzymes were up but they were coming down and its normal after chemo.

So why do I think I have liver cancer now?? My sentinel node was the only positive node, the 21 other nodes removed were cancer free. I had a/c then taxol/herceptin and I actually dont feel too bad, just a little tired.

I just cant control my crazy head, going places where it shouldnt go.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys in advance
Linda T

Comments

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hi linda.
    You are going thru more then I have it sounds.I know how our minds can run away with us sometimes.We just have to do everything in our power to make sure we are ok.And I pray alot.I don,t think I could get through this without praying.And our sisters on this sight are so wonderful.Maybe if you can talk to your dr. and tell them you want to know why they seem concerned about your Liver even though they tell you not to worry about it.I know it is hard not to worry but don,t let it get you down.Hang in their.love and Prayers going your way.(Pat).
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    No wisdom here, but
    Moopy had the same kind of funky stuff going on with her liver enzymes right after chemo and during radiation. All better now.

As for the spot on the liver, if your docs aren't worried about it, you shouldn't be worried either. Moopy went into urgent care early last month because of side pains which turned out to be constipation related. But the scans they did turned up two masses, one on the pancreas and one between the right lung and the esophagus.

Docs said not to worry... yeah, right. Moopy's onc ordered tests. An endoscopic ultrasound showed both were benign, thank God. But there was plenty of scanxiety at the Moopy and Aortus abode, let me tell you. Please just hang in there, trust your docs, and trust in God. I really believe it is nothing.

Best,
    Joe
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Aortus said:

No wisdom here, but
    Moopy had the same kind of funky stuff going on with her liver enzymes right after chemo and during radiation. All better now.

As for the spot on the liver, if your docs aren't worried about it, you shouldn't be worried either. Moopy went into urgent care early last month because of side pains which turned out to be constipation related. But the scans they did turned up two masses, one on the pancreas and one between the right lung and the esophagus.

Docs said not to worry... yeah, right. Moopy's onc ordered tests. An endoscopic ultrasound showed both were benign, thank God. But there was plenty of scanxiety at the Moopy and Aortus abode, let me tell you. Please just hang in there, trust your docs, and trust in God. I really believe it is nothing.

Best,
    Joe

Aortus and Moopy,
    So glad to

Aortus and Moopy,
    So glad to hear that the spots were benign. I remember after I had my hysterectomy and when they did a scan and found gall stones they also saw something on my liver. They said it was a cyst and that they are common and nothing needed to be done. Obviously it was okay because it's been 9 years and I have had no problems.
    But if anyone is ever concerned about what shows up on a scan or test, they should considered a 2nd opinion. It's not only our right, it's our duty to take some control over our health and our treatment.
    Stef
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Aortus said:

No wisdom here, but

Best,
    Joe

So sorry for your worrying
    So sorry for your worrying Linda, but, like everyone said, if your doctors say not to worry, then don't. But, you could always get a 2nd opinion if you wanted. Lots do. Good luck to you!

Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Aortus said:

No wisdom here, but

Best,
    Joe

Sorry about this Linda. I
    Sorry about this Linda. I hope and pray that everything will be ok with you.

And, glad that you are ok Moopy.

HUGS to both of you!
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Hi Linda
    Slow down and take one moment at a time. Don't let your mind rush ahead. Keep busy. Surround yourself with positive people and ones you love. Read a good book or watch a funny movie. Go for a long walk. Give yourself some retail therapy- go shopping.

You have been through a huge ordeal. It will take time to reach your new normal. Most of us do go through the crazy head syndrome especially just after finishing treatment.

Be kind to yourself and get plenty of rest. Dont forget to stop and smell the roses.

Hugs
    Jadie<3
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Jadie said:

Hi Linda
    Slow down and take one moment at a time. Don't let your mind rush ahead. Keep busy. Surround yourself with positive people and ones you love. Read a good book or watch a funny movie. Go for a long walk. Give yourself some retail therapy- go shopping.

You have been through a huge ordeal. It will take time to reach your new normal. Most of us do go through the crazy head syndrome especially just after finishing treatment.

Be kind to yourself and get plenty of rest. Dont forget to stop and smell the roses.

Hugs
    Jadie<3</p>

Linda .. I am so sorry to hear about
    this. I would be crazy as well. I will keep you in prayer and hope that the days pass quickly for you.

Kindess and strength for you, our dear Linda..

VickiSam