Wierd Chemo Side Effect??

Deb1969
Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Let me see if I can explain what is happening to me...It started about two weeks ago, best way to explain it is like a deep sigh when your body is real tired, but im doing it a couple of times a day involuntary.(Not having any shortness of breath) I had my 3rd chemo today and explained this to my onc, she said that she had others explain the same thing but had no explanation of why. Has anyone else experienced this???
Thanks for your input.
Deb

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    not me
    I have not had that experience, but I would guess it may be because the chemo is having some sort of temporary effect on the nerves that control breathing, or some such??? I really have no idea. It is good that you are not having shortness of breath. Maybe you could look up the chemo you are taking on chemocare.com and see if that is one of the listed side effects of any of it?

Sorry I'm no help, just didn't like seeing 0 responses to your post. Take care. seof
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Me too
    I have noticed I've been doing the same thing, just sighing for no reason out of the blue.
  • MORSIE
    MORSIE Member Posts: 5
    laurissa said:

Me too
    I have noticed I've been doing the same thing, just sighing for no reason out of the blue.

just a thought
    It could be just a way your body is releasing STRESS or anxiety.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    You're probably right,
    You're probably right, Morsie. There is alot of stress with all this. I'm glad you joined the group. I'm going to bed now. Getting tired.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    MORSIE said:

just a thought
    It could be just a way your body is releasing STRESS or anxiety.

Why flagged
    Why someone would flag what you wrote. Since you are new to the site I clicked on your name and found out that you are the niece of Laurissa.

Sometimes I think people should find out who a person is first before flagging them especially if they haven't attached anything in their post.

That is my opinion.

Welcome Morsie. Your Aunt is lucky to have great people in her life for support.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    laurissa said:

You're probably right,
    You're probably right, Morsie. There is alot of stress with all this. I'm glad you joined the group. I'm going to bed now. Getting tired.

Deb1969 .. My thought ...
    sub-consicous - relaxed state your body may be at. Relaxed as opposed to tense and stressed? Just a crazy thought.

VickiSam
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Did the same thing....
    And, I don't think it's the chemo, in my opinion.....I think it's just our bodies trying to relieve stress.....I could be perfectly still, reading and find myself sighing.....it always took me by surprise...Even my husband noticed me doing it....but I haven't done it in quite some time now......I think it's just an involuntary response to stress..
    Hope all goes well with your remaining chemo infusions.....
    Hugs and best wishes
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

Why flagged
    Why someone would flag what you wrote. Since you are new to the site I clicked on your name and found out that you are the niece of Laurissa.

Sometimes I think people should find out who a person is first before flagging them especially if they haven't attached anything in their post.

That is my opinion.

Welcome Morsie. Your Aunt is lucky to have great people in her life for support.

Hugs,
    Margo

I am confused~ I didn't
    I am confused~ I didn't noticed that anyones post had been flagged!!

I don't remember sighing, but if it is an anomoly, and nothing dangerous, I imagine our Warrior-Survivor Deb hasn't much to worry about! But isn't it odd how many different things happen during treatment? We should write a collaborative book! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I've been doing that for years!
    And I haven't ever been on chemo!

It used to drive my Ex-Husband crazy because he would think I was upset about something and I wasn't even aware I was doing it.

I think that it is just a stress releiver. Lord knows we're all under enough stress for that to make sense!

Take care,
    Cindy
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    MAJW said:

Did the same thing....
    And, I don't think it's the chemo, in my opinion.....I think it's just our bodies trying to relieve stress.....I could be perfectly still, reading and find myself sighing.....it always took me by surprise...Even my husband noticed me doing it....but I haven't done it in quite some time now......I think it's just an involuntary response to stress..
    Hope all goes well with your remaining chemo infusions.....
    Hugs and best wishes

I done the same, just
    I done the same, just watching tv, sitting still an involuntary sigh would come out. May be a stress reliever. Just thought it was odd when it happened. Thanks for the input.
    Deb
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    chenheart said:

I am confused~ I didn't
    I am confused~ I didn't noticed that anyones post had been flagged!!

I don't remember sighing, but if it is an anomoly, and nothing dangerous, I imagine our Warrior-Survivor Deb hasn't much to worry about! But isn't it odd how many different things happen during treatment? We should write a collaborative book! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Flagged
    Morsie's post was flagged earlier and then it was unflagged so maybe CSN staff looked into it and found that she is legitimate which she is.

I found that several of her posts on different threads had been flagged.

Hugs, Margo
  • pinkbutterfly44
    pinkbutterfly44 Member Posts: 2
    Deb1969 said:

I done the same, just
    I done the same, just watching tv, sitting still an involuntary sigh would come out. May be a stress reliever. Just thought it was odd when it happened. Thanks for the input.
    Deb

stress the root of all evil
    I'm new here and I have a Q- I am so dry allthe time my nose, my eyes really bad I drink somthing all the time what is with this?