Yummy in tummy raw choco pie!!

kristasplace
kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
This pie is soooo good! And so simple!

For the crust:

Blend 1/2 cup walnuts in a food processor, set aside.
Blend 1/2 cup organic pitted dates in a food processor. Use just a tiny amount of water to blend it up.
Put the date mixture and nuts in a bowl and mix well. On the bottom of the pie pan, sprinkle some crumbled up nuts to create a non-stick surface. Spread the crust (dates and nuts mixture) all around the pie pan like a regular crust.

Chocolate filling:

Blend in a food processor or blender:

2 cups pitted dates
1 cup filtered water
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. sea salt
i sliced lemon with peel
1 tbs. raw cacao powder (or carob)

Fill the pie pan with this mousse, and chill for an hour or more.

You can add 2-3 tbs. raw coconut butter into the mousse mixture for a richer taste, but i prefer to simply add another tbs. of cacao!

Enjoy!

Krista

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Thanks!
    ..For the recipe Krista! Not a big fan of pitted dates, this actually tastes like chocolate?

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Shayenne said:

Thanks!
    ..For the recipe Krista! Not a big fan of pitted dates, this actually tastes like chocolate?

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Chocolate pie
    Hi Donna! Oh, i used to HATE dates! I still won't eat them by themselves! When they're blended with other things for use as a sweetener...it's like eating honey! Very good.

Yes, this pie tastes EXACTLY like chocolate mousse pie! If you use the cacao powder. I can't vouch for the carob...not a big fan of carob. Many raw fooders won't use cacao for whatever reason, but the expert David Wolfe says cacao is the second most potent superfood in the world. For the die hard chocolate fan that i am, that was music to my ears!!

Hugs,
    Krista