Heavy heart, newfound conviction!

P_I_T_A
P_I_T_A Member Posts: 133
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I was a little bummed out today knowing that I was starting my FOLFOX Tx tomorrow. I got a call this evening from my mom that one of my favorite aunts(stage IV breast cancer w/mets) lost her fight today. She got pneumonia and was taken to the hospital today. She got fluid on the lungs and didn't have the strength to fight it off. I was told that she was thinking about me with what I was about to go through even when she was way worse off than me. I was relieved when my Onc office called this morning to say Tx would be delayed a week (insurance delay, go figure.) But after the latest news, I'm kinda pissed off. I'm ready to take this on now, kick it's ****, and get on with my life. If not for me, for her. I hope that everyone can find their own needed motivation. My self pity days are over! - DJ

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Hi DJ,
    I'm sorry about your

Hi DJ,

I'm sorry about your aunt, and also about your Folfox being delayed due to insurance issues. I know about insurance issues! Anyhow, it will happen soon I'm sure & you have a good attitude about wanting to fight and kick @ss!

You take care and know that this is a great place to come to for support, advice, and for venting.

Blessings to you-
    Lisa
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Condolences
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt. How sweet of her to focus on you during her time of sickness.

I'll pray for you this morning, D.J., and your family during this time.

Diane
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    DJ
    You go girl. Fight! Take it on. The insurance thing makes me sooo angry. Am sorry to hear about your mom's friend but am glad you are taking on this fight. Keep fighting. Marie
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    sfmarie said:

DJ
    You go girl. Fight! Take it on. The insurance thing makes me sooo angry. Am sorry to hear about your mom's friend but am glad you are taking on this fight. Keep fighting. Marie

Sorry about the loss
    But if she gave you motivation then thats what she wants from you...Thats the way to get the mind ready for it.....It won't be easy but its end result is mostly great....we are right behind ya....Clift
  • Mike49
    Mike49 Member Posts: 261
    Strength
    Sorry to hear of your loss, sounds like your strong and ready to fight. You (and I) are going to beat this thing.

Let us know how its going.

Mike
  • trish07
    trish07 Member Posts: 138
    Good to hear you have the
    Good to hear you have the "bring it on!" fighting spirit.

Chemo will not be pleasant, thats for sure, but you will get through it.

I'm sorry you lost your aunt....

Now go do what you gotta do...we will be here for you when ever you feel the need for a
    "jumpstart!"

Trish
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sorry
    I'm glad for your renewed spirit, but so sorry about your aunt. How lovely to know she was thinking of you during her time of passing.

We'll be here for you and look forward to hearing about your progress.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • ittapp
    ittapp Member Posts: 383 Member
    So sorry
    so sorry to hear about your Aunt, get in there and fight like ----!!!!! may something good come out of your loss. God Bless,Patti