Second chemo in the morning

Options
laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I sure do not like the week ahead of me with chemo in the morning. I hope you other chemo girls are doing well! I sure miss your replies and replying, too. My head feels so good bald. Isn't that weird, all that crying for nothing! It's a great sensation putting a wet cloth on my hot head. Still a little stubble left. My wigs look ok, too. Hope this will be working SOON.

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Hi Laurissa you were in my
    Hi Laurissa you were in my thoughts and prayers today. I hope you had an uneventful day today. If all goes well with my white count, I'll get my 2nd dose tomorrow. You know I'm bald. I have a few stubbles on my head and they are shedding like a dog. Please let me know how you faired today. :)
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Options
    Good Luck
    Good Luck on Number Two for both of you!
  • Booberta
    Booberta Member Posts: 61
    Options
    always said:

Good Luck
    Good Luck on Number Two for both of you!

Ladies
    Hope your treatments go well.
  • laurissa
    Options
    Went well
    Feeling good so far.
  • laurissa
    Options
    Have more to say
    My long message didn't post! Getting peeved.
  • stevie178
    stevie178 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    2nd dose next week
    Laurissa , wanted to first off wish you the best and inquire if I could about my wife's next round of chemo in exactly one week from today. She as well as myself are surprised over the fact she has not experienced any hair loss what so ever but the head aches , body aches and nausea have at some times been overwhelming. Granted she only had her first treatment a week ago but after seeing what it did to her I thought hair loss would have started asap.We both wish you the best and hope your next round of chemo goes well for you .

Best Wishes

Steve & Teresa
  • laurissa
    Options
    Hi, Steve
    Steve, my hairloss started after 14-16 days. First it was just a few strands for a couple days, then about 20 strands, then chunks. you'll know when it's time to chop it off. It gets very messy and falling on it's own. It is traumatic but I got through it ok. Many tears, though.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi, Steve
    Steve, my hairloss started after 14-16 days. First it was just a few strands for a couple days, then about 20 strands, then chunks. you'll know when it's time to chop it off. It gets very messy and falling on it's own. It is traumatic but I got through it ok. Many tears, though.

Steve and Tereasa
    My hair came out in clumps on day 15 and shaved my head on day 16.
    Losing my hair was harder for me than the diagnosis of having cancer. I don't know whether it is because you don't have any control over it. You feel you have control over your treatment but when there are outcomes from the chemo you don't know how to react.

I cried so hard when I shamppoed my hair on day 15 and it was horrible the on day 16 when I shamppoed I kept my eyes closed until my shower was all ove rbecause I didn't want to see all MY hair going down the drain.

Hugs to you both,
    Margo

P.S. When I shaved my head my son, who is 6, buzzed his head in support of his mom.