Oncotype DX question

cindycflynn
cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So I finally have an appointment scheduled for my medical oncologist (MO) for November 10th. My surgeon told me that the MO will order the Oncotype test since my lymph nodes and margins were clear from my lumpectomy.

For those of you that have had this test, how long did it take to get the results? As you all know, the waiting is just so hard to take sometimes!

Thanks!

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Oncotype Test
    Hi! It took about 10 days, I think. They have a site to go to that answers a lot of questions and it has patient's stories whose scores ranged from a 0 on the test to the 40's. I found it interesting. The site is www.genomichealth.com/OncotypeDX/Index.aspx I wish you good luck and hope that you get a low score. I was one of the ones that got a 0, so, I was very happy.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Mine took a week or so
    But it depends on where you live and how available a labratory is that can do the testing. My test ended up being invalid because I am estrogen negative, but my score was sky high. Hope you "fail" the test and get a 0!

Mimi
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    mimivac said:

Mine took a week or so
    But it depends on where you live and how available a labratory is that can do the testing. My test ended up being invalid because I am estrogen negative, but my score was sky high. Hope you "fail" the test and get a 0!

Mimi

I think about a week to 10
    I think about a week to 10 days. And, if you get really anxious, keep calling your oncologist like I did. It seemed to get there faster. hehe I hope that you are a 0, like so many of us are!

Kylez ♥
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    My wait was almost 2 weeks...
    I had a 32! Hopefully you'll get a 0!