Did It-Hair is Gone - I feel Free

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Couldnt stand it one minute longer. A friend came over Friday eveing and cut it. I took a shower and a considerable amount additonally came out. Hubby and I finished it off last evening. What a relief!! Wearing my scarf today and feeling comfortable and free!

Comments

• pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Amen, sister! Isn't it
    Amen, sister! Isn't it amazing once it's gone you don't feel so encumbered? Now you can focus on healing and it will all grow back. Congratulations!!!! I've been thinking about you this weekend!!!
  • natly15
    pitt said:

Amen, sister! Isn't it
    Amen, sister! Isn't it amazing once it's gone you don't feel so encumbered? Now you can focus on healing and it will all grow back. Congratulations!!!! I've been thinking about you this weekend!!!

Thank you Pitt, how have you
    Thank you Pitt, how have you come thru your 2nd round? If my white counts are up tomorrow, I'll have my 2nd round on tuesday.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Congratulations! Hope you
    Congratulations! Hope you get thru treatment with no side effects. Well, except the hair loss.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulation, Natly, on
    Congratulation, Natly, on taking the plunge. It really is liberating, isn't it? Best of luck on the rest of your treatments.
  • natly15
    MyTurnNow said:

Congratulation, Natly, on
    Congratulation, Natly, on taking the plunge. It really is liberating, isn't it? Best of luck on the rest of your treatments.

Thank you

Thank you
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Good for you
    It is a good feeling to have it gone. It was messy!
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    natly15 said:

Thank you Pitt, how have you
    Thank you Pitt, how have you come thru your 2nd round? If my white counts are up tomorrow, I'll have my 2nd round on tuesday.

Days 3-5 were awful, but I
    Days 3-5 were awful, but I feel amazing today!!! good luck and let us know how you're doing!!! I'm thinking of you!!! Pitt
  • jolenew
    jolenew Member Posts: 38
    BALD IS BEAUTIFUL
    I also lost all my hair and now it is growing back and I think I liked it better when I was bald. I MUST BE CRAZY. Good luck to you
  • patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101
    jolenew said:

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL
    I also lost all my hair and now it is growing back and I think I liked it better when I was bald. I MUST BE CRAZY. Good luck to you

am I the only one
    Am I the only one who wasn't relieved or liberated when I shaved my head? I cried like a baby. I got used to it, but never, ever liked it. Even though it is growing back, it isn't quick enough. For me, losing my hair was definitely the most difficult for me.

I know, I know, there isn't anything you can do and accepting it is so much easier...I just had a very hard time. I envy you all that are handling this so well! Way to go!
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

am I the only one
    Am I the only one who wasn't relieved or liberated when I shaved my head? I cried like a baby. I got used to it, but never, ever liked it. Even though it is growing back, it isn't quick enough. For me, losing my hair was definitely the most difficult for me.

I know, I know, there isn't anything you can do and accepting it is so much easier...I just had a very hard time. I envy you all that are handling this so well! Way to go!

You're not alone Patti Anne!
    I did not find it liberating or releiving either. My hairdresser opened her shop and buzzed it and then did my wig and we had a good time. BUT that evening I shed tears. I never cried after my mastecomy but this was totally different. The fact that it will grow back doesn't help. I am used to it now, but still hate it. Up to now I could out inpublic and not look like a chemo patient. I hate the "looks" like you poor thing. I don't feel sorry for myself and will probably wear my wig out all the time.

I am not brave and will never leave the house without a head cover. Some are so dynamic and self confident and I think that's wonderful but I must be covered.

I am finding my ears bend while sleeping and it hurts. Anyone else have that problem?

Hugs all, Judy :-)