Looking for financial aid while going through treatments out of town

claw
claw Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am hoping that my Breast Cancer Sisters can help me. My husband and 3 children reside in Upstate NY while I have had had to take an apartment in NYC a block away from Bruckner Oncology Center. I have been receiving treatments in NYC for the past six months and have been improving however, I am running out money to support my housing and transportation costs. Do you know of any non-for-profits or organizations that could help cancer patients in my situation?
Thank you in advance for your support.

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I don't know of any that
    I don't know of any that help with these problems but you might call the ACS and ask them if they have any info. Sorry.
  • mcsessions
    mcsessions Member Posts: 48
    transportation
    I know ACS can help with transportation, call them.
  • Momof_4
    Momof_4 Member Posts: 11
    Ask all Cancer societis - ACS, Cancercare...
    I know CancerCare helps with some finances - not a lot, but every little bit helps. Blessings, Momof_4
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Momof_4 said:

Ask all Cancer societis - ACS, Cancercare...
    I know CancerCare helps with some finances - not a lot, but every little bit helps. Blessings, Momof_4

Contact ACS, they help some
    Contact ACS, they help some with transportation and lodging. Also, the Susan B. Komen foundation does also. Good luck!

Angie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Angie2U said:

Contact ACS, they help some
    Contact ACS, they help some with transportation and lodging. Also, the Susan B. Komen foundation does also. Good luck!

Angie

Contact the American Cancer
    Contact the American Cancer Society. I know they have helped some on this site.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Check with......
    The facility where you are receiving your treatment....ask if they have a social worker, most do....they maybe able to help