Back from Week at Mammas

tjhay
tjhay Member Posts: 655
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well some of you knew that I was off to my Mammas and Popas for the week via facebook, but I thought that I would let everyone know. I had a blast while I was gone, but went thruough horrible computer withdraw, my folks have yet to move into the 21st centry, lol I am not even sure they are in the 20th century.
Anyway I was in Venice Florida, where my Mamma got to treat me like her baby girl for a week. Yes I know I will always be her baby girl, however at 48 sometimes it is hard to be like a 3 year old. While away I got my first hair cut, had a petacure and my toe nails are now street walker red! At least that is what my Popa calls it. I also went for a 5 mile walk on the beach with my pop, lawd I never thought it was going to end. More exercise then have had in a year. I also got to go for long rides on pops harley which is always a good thing.
Let me tell you sisters that was a much needed vacation, to be away from all things cancer. Mamma Pop and I all agreed that cancer would not be talked about. So I got a vacation and so did cancer cause we ignored it for the whole week.
Anyway now that I am recharged, and feeling more like myself, I will try to post more often
tj

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Hi TJ , missed you. Hurray
    Hi TJ , missed you. Hurray for the recharge and for being babied. xoxoxox Lynn
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Sounds like a much needed
    Sounds like a much needed vacation. Did you by chance look for sharks teeth on the beach? Venice is the best beach to find them. Glad you got to be taken care of and had a relaxing time with your family!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Ab-Fab! I am so glad you
    Ab-Fab! I am so glad you got to get away and let your family baby you! And what a grand thing not to even speak of the un-speakable~ and to have hooker-toes and exercise too! Oh yeah and a haircut! You so rock!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    tj
    Sounds like you had a fabulous time!! I'm looking forward to some time away when I able to also. I think it does a body good!! Hugs, Diane
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Glad you were able to take a
    Glad you were able to take a vacation. Everybody needs one once in a while. Glad you are back tho.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Glad you got the break
    It was a much needed and deserved break and I'm glad you were able to do it. Welcome back, red toes and all! Pammy
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Vacation
    TJ, what a great vacation. I am so glad for you. Nothing can be more healing than the love of your family. And the joy of being your parents' baby girl is a gift, a true blessing. The Harley, the ocean, and your scarlet-painted toes are the icing on the cake!

It's good to see you back. Wishing you many more vacations like this one.
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Moopy23 said:

Vacation
    TJ, what a great vacation. I am so glad for you. Nothing can be more healing than the love of your family. And the joy of being your parents' baby girl is a gift, a true blessing. The Harley, the ocean, and your scarlet-painted toes are the icing on the cake!

It's good to see you back. Wishing you many more vacations like this one.

How Wonderful!!
    You are so blessed to have your parents!!! Being spoiled and pampered sounds sooo wonderful!!! I am truly happy for you!!! I LOVE getting my toes done!!! Glad your feeling so much better!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Calleen said:

How Wonderful!!
    You are so blessed to have your parents!!! Being spoiled and pampered sounds sooo wonderful!!! I am truly happy for you!!! I LOVE getting my toes done!!! Glad your feeling so much better!!

TJ HAY ... I'm so happy for you my friend ....
    Going away and spending time with loved ones is a dream come true .. Mama's baby - I can only imagine the comfort and love given to you. You deserve it!! Walking with Pop on the beach .. Peaceful. Not to mention a week without the mention of cancer ... rejuvenating to body and soul.

Street walker 'red' is one of my favorite colors .. then again, I'm from Southern California where anythings goes.

Riding a Harley, wind in your hair .. Awesome

Haircut .. cool

Love Ya,

VickiSam
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    TJ
    so glad you had such a wonderful visit with the parents, who better to baby you?
    Post pics of the new do (and make-up too) soon!
    Missed you
    =^..^=
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    cats_toy said:

TJ
    so glad you had such a wonderful visit with the parents, who better to baby you?
    Post pics of the new do (and make-up too) soon!
    Missed you
    =^..^=

TJ
    Glad you were babied.

TJ
    Glad you were babied. What a treat. And hooker red for the toenails is my favorite. I just got my done and I wore sandals even though it rained today. Had to show them off. Motorcycles are like horses for me, did it once, that was enough, but glad you enjoyed the ride. Again, glad you got to rest, and enjoy your mom and pop.
    Stef
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    fauxma said:

TJ
    Glad you were babied.

TJ
    Glad you were babied. What a treat. And hooker red for the toenails is my favorite. I just got my done and I wore sandals even though it rained today. Had to show them off. Motorcycles are like horses for me, did it once, that was enough, but glad you enjoyed the ride. Again, glad you got to rest, and enjoy your mom and pop.
    Stef

Welcome back Tj. I am glad
    Welcome back Tj. I am glad you had a great vacation!

Debby
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    So glad you enjoyed your week away, TJ!
    Quality time with family, fun activities, and a real break from BC. All sounds wonderful!

Glad you're feeling recharged - and more like yourself, friend.

Kind regards, Susan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

So glad you enjoyed your week away, TJ!
    Quality time with family, fun activities, and a real break from BC. All sounds wonderful!

Glad you're feeling recharged - and more like yourself, friend.

Kind regards, Susan

So happy that you had a
    So happy that you had a great time with your Dad and Mom! Glad to see you back on here too!

Leeza
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    FANTABULOUS!!!!
    TJ that sounds like a really great time away with ones that love you, what could possibly be better! Of course the part I noticed the most was the Harley....vroommm vroommm! Sure sounds like you had an uplifting and recuperative time. Wish you could have stayed even longer, but I am oh so glad you are back! You were missed.

RE
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    RE said:

FANTABULOUS!!!!
    TJ that sounds like a really great time away with ones that love you, what could possibly be better! Of course the part I noticed the most was the Harley....vroommm vroommm! Sure sounds like you had an uplifting and recuperative time. Wish you could have stayed even longer, but I am oh so glad you are back! You were missed.

RE

Thank You Everyone
    Thank You Everyone, I had a blast while I was away. I have to admit that I am back though. The withdrawal from the computer and you guys was awful
    tj
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    tjhay said:

Thank You Everyone
    Thank You Everyone, I had a blast while I was away. I have to admit that I am back though. The withdrawal from the computer and you guys was awful
    tj

Tj ♥ My friend

Treated like a baby? A pedicure? Manicure? Walk on the beach? Harley rides? Sounds like heaven to me! I am so happy for you! You deserved this much needed vacation my friend!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    tjhay said:

Thank You Everyone
    tj

TJ
    I am glad you had such a good time, I love pedicures, harley's, mama's and papa's (although I miss my Mom every day and she has been gone 25 years) cherish your times together.

You sure deserve such a good time...send out a pic of your new hair-do I would love to see it. I have been thinking of doing something with mine. Did you get it colored too? I love our Moopy's!

My best to you always big hugs,
    jackie
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    rjjj said:

TJ
    I am glad you had such a good time, I love pedicures, harley's, mama's and papa's (although I miss my Mom every day and she has been gone 25 years) cherish your times together.

You sure deserve such a good time...send out a pic of your new hair-do I would love to see it. I have been thinking of doing something with mine. Did you get it colored too? I love our Moopy's!

My best to you always big hugs,
    jackie

Glad to hear you had a great time TJ
    Nothing better than time spent with family, glad to hear you are refreshed as well.

But most of all glad to see you're back!

Aurora
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Glad to hear you had a great time TJ
    Nothing better than time spent with family, glad to hear you are refreshed as well.

But most of all glad to see you're back!

Aurora

Glad you had a wonderful
    Glad you had a wonderful time with your family Tj!

Leeza