Finished Chemo #2

pitt
pitt Member Posts: 387
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So yesterday went well. My doctor changed my nausea pre-cocktail medicine so that I wouldn't have such severe headaches. That helped a lot. They told me that they will not use the same vein next time because there was a minor problem this time...nothing crazy...just need to switch veins so we will. I go in today for the Neulasta shot and hope my pain-management plan to lessen the severity of the body aches will work. I'll keep you posted. And my dear friends in Atlanta are walking the Susan G Komen 3-Day in my honor...with a "Flat Liz" doll to keep them company. (These are the same girls who joined my betting pool re which day I would shave my head! What can I say? They keep me laughing!) So all in all, now that the fear of the unknown is no longer a factor, I feel like this is manageable.

Good luck to the other girls doing the chemo rounds. My thoughts and positive vibes are directed your way!

Have a great weekend.
Pitt

Comments

• Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    congrats
    Way to go girl...I finished round 3 yesterday. Feels good to be half way done....doc said im doin great. Blood work was perfect and tumor shrank more. I dont get the neulasta shot. Im glad cause I hear bad things about it. Didnt sleep well last night, but i never do for about a week after treatment. No wonder we are always tired huh? Its early and I should still be sleeping, LOL. Hey, what did you decide to be for halloween?
  • patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101
    It is manageable
    It is manageable. What a great attitude you have! I had issues with the shot as well, but the Dr's were great in helping me deal with the side effects. It was a very joyous day in this household when my husband gave me that last shot. Can't wait to hear about you getting to that day!!

Take care!
    Patti
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877

It is manageable
    It is manageable. What a great attitude you have! I had issues with the shot as well, but the Dr's were great in helping me deal with the side effects. It was a very joyous day in this household when my husband gave me that last shot. Can't wait to hear about you getting to that day!!

Take care!
    Patti

Patti
    Patti, your puppies are adorable!!! Is that a white and a black lab?? I have a black lab, I have had labs all my life, they make wonderful pets!! Anyhow, had to tell you they are SO SO SO cute!!
    Kari
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Pitt
    Hi Pitt, it's wonderful the support you have on your journey. People walking in your honor is awesome. Congrats on getting chemo #2 down. I just finished 4 rounds of A/C cocktail along with 4 shots of neulasta, the neulasta didn't sit well with me but the pain was manageable and it worked great, I had excellent wbc every visit. Now I do 12 weekly rounds of taxol. A betting pool on when you'll shave your head....that's funny, what a great bunch to keep your spirits up! Hang in there and have a wonderful weekend!
    Kari
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Pitt, glad to hear all is
    Pitt, glad to hear all is going well. You'll be done with chemo before you know it. I had some bone pain with the Nuelasta shot as well. Funny thing, on the last shot, a week ago, didn't experience the same pain. I hope the best for you too!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Glad to hear it's going well
    Hey Pitt and Sam, glad that things are going well so far. It seems like forever, but the days go by and all of the sudden you are having your last treatment. I hope you both have a good and peaceful weekend.

Mimi

Edited to add: Way to go to Kari as well! A great accomplishment to finish the AC treatments. They say the Taxol alone is not so bad.
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Sam726 said:

congrats
    Way to go girl...I finished round 3 yesterday. Feels good to be half way done....doc said im doin great. Blood work was perfect and tumor shrank more. I dont get the neulasta shot. Im glad cause I hear bad things about it. Didnt sleep well last night, but i never do for about a week after treatment. No wonder we are always tired huh? Its early and I should still be sleeping, LOL. Hey, what did you decide to be for halloween?

Sam
    How many more treatments do you have left? Radiation too? When will they remove the tumor? I ended up going as a gypsy and my husband was my enthusiastic latin lover. This way we didn't have to buy anything...just used our own clothes. My girlfriend and her husband are going as War and Peace. She will be a commando warrior and he will be a hippie! i thought that was great. Good luck with getting some sleep. I've been so tired that falling back to sleep has not been a problem. good luck!
  • patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101

Patti
    Patti, your puppies are adorable!!! Is that a white and a black lab?? I have a black lab, I have had labs all my life, they make wonderful pets!! Anyhow, had to tell you they are SO SO SO cute!!
    Kari

thanks on the puppies
    Yes, they are Labs. They are two now, but we still call them the puppies. :)

Wonderful pets!

Patti
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    pitt said:

Sam
    How many more treatments do you have left? Radiation too? When will they remove the tumor? I ended up going as a gypsy and my husband was my enthusiastic latin lover. This way we didn't have to buy anything...just used our own clothes. My girlfriend and her husband are going as War and Peace. She will be a commando warrior and he will be a hippie! i thought that was great. Good luck with getting some sleep. I've been so tired that falling back to sleep has not been a problem. good luck!

Pitt
    Hey, i have 3 more treatments, then surgery and then 33 radiation treatments. I am pretty exhausted but cant sleep. Chemo always boosts my brain activity and it makes it hard to relax. I usually have to take tylenol PM for the first few days. Rare if I take a nap. Take care and keep up your positive additude. I love it!!
    Sam
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Sam726 said:

Pitt
    Hey, i have 3 more treatments, then surgery and then 33 radiation treatments. I am pretty exhausted but cant sleep. Chemo always boosts my brain activity and it makes it hard to relax. I usually have to take tylenol PM for the first few days. Rare if I take a nap. Take care and keep up your positive additude. I love it!!
    Sam

Sam,
    Could be the steriods boosting your brain, too. Sometimes I couldn't shut off my brain at night to relax. Xanax was good for that, too. Good luck.

Mimi
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    MyTurnNow said:

Pitt, glad to hear all is
    Pitt, glad to hear all is going well. You'll be done with chemo before you know it. I had some bone pain with the Nuelasta shot as well. Funny thing, on the last shot, a week ago, didn't experience the same pain. I hope the best for you too!

Pitt Love your attitude. I'm
    Pitt Love your attitude. I'm happy round 2 went with little incident. If my wbc are up I'll do round 2 next Tuesday, followed by neulasta shot and take claritin which i think you recommended. Have a beautiful weekend in Sunny Florida. Please keep us posted on your progress this coming week. :)
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Pitt
    I'm glad you're doing well and have few side effects this time. Do you have a port? I wish I didn't, it looks gross and IV's don't bother me. My 2nd is Monday and my port will be used for the first time. Have a good week after chemo.