Eric

Julie 44
Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Need to ask you what kind of pain were you having in your legs when you went into the hospital??? I am having a painful come and go pain in my upper left leg. Then in my calf of right leg dull pain but enough to make me change positions alot..It seems to get worse in bed at night time...Any advice would help.....Thanks Julie

Comments

• snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Weird knee problem
    I was hiking with my son today. Early into the hike my left knee locked up. It felt like there was a bubble of fluid below my knee and above my knee that was preventing it from moving. There wasn't any fluid, that's just how it felt. It stayed locked in the straight position for a few minutes and then went back to normal. I continued walking and about an hour later my right knee also locked up in the straight position. this time there was some intense pain and I was unable to continue. I massaged and pressed the area for a long time with no relief. My son was getting restless and I was unable to chase him down. Then things freed themselves up and I was able to move freely as if nothing had happened. Many hours passed and then I was coming home and my right knee locked up again, this time in a bent position while I was ascending the steps to my house. Their wasn't as much pain as before and I was able to forcibly move my knee into the straight position but was not able to bend it. A few minutes passed and it went away. I'm wondering if this is a side effect of the xeloda or something else. I would love to ask my Drs but they don't work on fridays. Has anyone experienced anything similar with xeloda?
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    snommintj said:

Weird knee problem
    I was hiking with my son today. Early into the hike my left knee locked up. It felt like there was a bubble of fluid below my knee and above my knee that was preventing it from moving. There wasn't any fluid, that's just how it felt. It stayed locked in the straight position for a few minutes and then went back to normal. I continued walking and about an hour later my right knee also locked up in the straight position. this time there was some intense pain and I was unable to continue. I massaged and pressed the area for a long time with no relief. My son was getting restless and I was unable to chase him down. Then things freed themselves up and I was able to move freely as if nothing had happened. Many hours passed and then I was coming home and my right knee locked up again, this time in a bent position while I was ascending the steps to my house. Their wasn't as much pain as before and I was able to forcibly move my knee into the straight position but was not able to bend it. A few minutes passed and it went away. I'm wondering if this is a side effect of the xeloda or something else. I would love to ask my Drs but they don't work on fridays. Has anyone experienced anything similar with xeloda?

Torn Miniscus
    causes the knee to lock. It may be what it is or not. But I know when I had it, that is exactly what happened. And I cannot recall one specific event that caused the tear.
  • Mike49
    Mike49 Member Posts: 261
    sfmarie said:

Torn Miniscus
    causes the knee to lock. It may be what it is or not. But I know when I had it, that is exactly what happened. And I cannot recall one specific event that caused the tear.

Ditto torn miniscus
    When I tore mine I had exactly that same symyom, I think they call it a Bakers cyst, its not really there but it feels like it is. It's simple surgical repair, but you have had enough surgery I know. In the mean time elevate, maybe ice.
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    all through chemo
    I used Advil PM to relieve the pain and help me sleep, which worked in the beginning. it was like an itch that wouldn't go away, I would keep stretching out and moving, nothing worked. It got to where it hurt to walk also. Doc prescribed vicodin, which helped me not care about it so much.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

all through chemo
    I used Advil PM to relieve the pain and help me sleep, which worked in the beginning. it was like an itch that wouldn't go away, I would keep stretching out and moving, nothing worked. It got to where it hurt to walk also. Doc prescribed vicodin, which helped me not care about it so much.

I had restless leg syndrome that kept me awake most nights. I had to keep moving and my legs ached.