prayers for my daughter

prv
prv Member Posts: 107
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am undergoing chemo (taxol) after bilateral masectomies in June and just found out my seven year old daughter has precocious puberty (early puberty). She is to undergo a mri to rule out a brain tumor soon. I am a single mom working full time. I feel like I have made so many mistakes! I brought her to the dr's last year for some small breast enlargement and she thought it was nothing. My new pediatrician refered us to an endocrinologist who did further tests. brain tumors are a rare cause though and they just want to rule it out. there is medicine that can help slow puberty down too. she may need shots every three weeks. please pray for us! When it rains it pours! God help us get through all this. I truely am exhausted!

Comments

• patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101
    so sorry
    Will definitely keep you and your daughter in my prayers!!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    My payers are going out to
    My payers are going out to you and your daughter for strength. Yes, when it rains it pours, but I do believe there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    natly15 said:

My payers are going out to
    My payers are going out to you and your daughter for strength. Yes, when it rains it pours, but I do believe there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

So sorry that your daughter
    So sorry that your daughter is having to go through this. I hope everything goes well for her. Hugs & prayers sent your way....
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Tux said:

So sorry that your daughter
    So sorry that your daughter is having to go through this. I hope everything goes well for her. Hugs & prayers sent your way....

you and your daughter is in
    you and your daughter is in my prayers
    tj
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    tjhay said:

you and your daughter is in
    you and your daughter is in my prayers
    tj

sorry
    I am sorry to hear you and your daughter are struggling with this, I will keep you in my prayers. I was a single mom for almost 17 years. I know it makes you feel sometimes like you have done something wrong. I am certain you are doing your very best and all will be well.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    I am prayer for both you and your daughter.
    God bless you.Hang in their.Love and Prayers.(Pat)
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Sending thoughts and prayers
    Sending thoughts and prayers for both of you. We are stronger than we think. When it comes to our kids It becomes harder. Take care. Marilyn
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

Sending thoughts and prayers
    Sending thoughts and prayers for both of you. We are stronger than we think. When it comes to our kids It becomes harder. Take care. Marilyn

Prayers are coming your way.
    Prayers are coming your way. By the way, they do help, and there will be lots of people who post here who will add their prayers as well. Let us know how things progress. Hugs to you both,

Judy
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    in my prayers
    Oh, I am so very sorry you and your girl have to go through all of this. You are definitely in my prayers. God will hep you get through.
    hugs, jackie
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Sending prayers your way for
    Sending prayers your way for you and your daughter. Also, sending strength to help in getting through the situation. Take care!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Said and done...
    Keeping you both in my prayers. Pammy
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    My prayers are also with you and your daughter
    Please keep us posted on the results, while I would hate to know she has to have shots every 3 weeks, I'm praying that is the case.

Please don't be so hard on your self, Many of us know how hard it is to raise children and work full time, you're doing what needs to de done for her, and loving her is the most important thing you can do!

God Bless you both,

Aurora
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

My prayers are also with you and your daughter
    Please keep us posted on the results, while I would hate to know she has to have shots every 3 weeks, I'm praying that is the case.

Please don't be so hard on your self, Many of us know how hard it is to raise children and work full time, you're doing what needs to de done for her, and loving her is the most important thing you can do!

God Bless you both,

Aurora

I have read and heard about this happening to other girls and the reason was too much estrogen in their bodies...there are alot of hair products and other items that could cause this. Also, soy products may be blamed. I have heard of someone who gave their daughter soy milk all the time and she started to grow breasts. I hope they check this out before they start scaring you. take care, and i hope your daughter is well.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Sweetie, a few things come
    Sweetie, a few things come to mind! The fact that when you even noticed a slight breast enlargement you took your baby girl to the Dr, and are now doing follow ups to rule anything out shows just what an awesome mom you are! And, for the record, having the proverbial "in tact family" doesn't ensure that parents will never do anything wrong! Some of them never seems to do much right!!! But you know that already, don't you?

Sending both of you all the encouragement you need~ you are not alone through this jouney. Please keep us updated as you get results.

Hugs,
    Chen♥