First chemo

calvertcrafts
calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my first chemo today and it went fine. I was a wreck before I went. I think the anticipation was worse than the chemo itself. I hope I don't have to eat those words tomorrow if side effects kick in. Thanks to all of you who said it would be OK.

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    1st Chemo
    It's the worst because of the fear of the unknown........ I'm so happy you got through it so well........Good for you! Hugs Jxxxxxxxx
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Hi and welcome calvertcrafts
    I'm glad that you made it through ok. Waiting is the worst. You will probably feel ok tomorrow but the next day the side effects (if you have any) will probably kick in. You will be ok though because it is all doable.

Jadie<3
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    It looks like we should be taking this journey together....
    As my first chemo was today. I too was extremely anxiety ridden! I feel pretty good for now and have been taking the nausea meds, even thought I haven't needed them, as directed by a few friends on here. They said they never felt sick that way, so it's worth a shot for me!

I am on TAC (taxotere, adriamycin & cytoxan)... every 21 days for 6 sessions. You?
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Marlene_K said:

As my first chemo was today. I too was extremely anxiety ridden! I feel pretty good for now and have been taking the nausea meds, even thought I haven't needed them, as directed by a few friends on here. They said they never felt sick that way, so it's worth a shot for me!

I am on TAC (taxotere, adriamycin & cytoxan)... every 21 days for 6 sessions. You?

I'm right behind you
    My first chemo will be next week or the week after. I am right behind you so I'll be watching for news. Glad you are both doing well.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    First time chemers
    I"m glad you made it thru ok, calvert. My 2nd time will be Monday and I know what to expect. I did have side effects, but made it through fine. Marlene, I'm also on the same schedule you are and taking taxotere and cytoxan. Good luck to all of you and hope you sail thru with no side effects, but if you do have any, they will pass, just give it time.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Congrats on getting that
    Congrats on getting that first chemo behind you now! I hope the rest are smooth too!

Sue :)
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    The first one is the worst
    The first one is the worst one because of all the unknown. I'm glad it went well. Wishing for the same results for the rest of them. You'll be finished before you know it!!
  • calvertcrafts
    Marlene_K said:

I'm also on taxotere and
    I'm also on taxotere and cytoxan but not adriamycin. I also take a steroid pill 3 times a day the day before chemo and the day after to prevent swelling. I go every 21 days also but only for 4 sessions. We'll have to keep in touch and compare our treatments and when our hair falls out.
  • calvertcrafts
    laurissa said:

First time chemers
    I"m glad you made it thru ok, calvert. My 2nd time will be Monday and I know what to expect. I did have side effects, but made it through fine. Marlene, I'm also on the same schedule you are and taking taxotere and cytoxan. Good luck to all of you and hope you sail thru with no side effects, but if you do have any, they will pass, just give it time.

Thanks for the
    Thanks for the encouragement. You new hairdo looks GREAT.
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    I do think the fear of the
    I do think the fear of the unknown is the worst part. I hope you have no side effects. Just remember to take your meds before you need them. Best of luck and keep us posted on how you're doing. I have received some of the best advice from the women on this board! Good luck! Pitt
  • Marlene_K

I'm also on taxotere and
    I'm also on taxotere and cytoxan but not adriamycin. I also take a steroid pill 3 times a day the day before chemo and the day after to prevent swelling. I go every 21 days also but only for 4 sessions. We'll have to keep in touch and compare our treatments and when our hair falls out.

Yes
    This would be nice. I will add you as a friend, even though I'm not real 'up' on how this board works. My oco starts my treatment with steroids and also xanex... I think I was floating while I was getting my chemo, lol. Hope you're still feeling well. I felt so good this morning, I actually started up my exercise routine again.

Only 4 sessions... you're very lucky! So you should be done right around Xmas then!
  • Marlene_K
    pitt said:

I do think the fear of the
    I do think the fear of the unknown is the worst part. I hope you have no side effects. Just remember to take your meds before you need them. Best of luck and keep us posted on how you're doing. I have received some of the best advice from the women on this board! Good luck! Pitt

The meds
    I did as you said, Pitt, and took two anti-nausea pills yesterday when I got home even though I didn't feel I needed to. I have been putting it off today because the side effects of anti-nausea meds is constipation and I HATE that! How often did you take the meds?