Comments

• amyboston
    amyboston Member Posts: 91
    Nana b said:

Buenvenidios! Welcome!!

Buenvenidios! Welcome!!

thank you
    !Gracias!

I live with a couple who are from Peru, she is an MD and he is a chef (we have great Peruvian Comida) so my Spanish has improved greatly.

Thank you for the welcome.

Amy (mi vida es loca)
  • amyboston
    lesvanb said:

hello Boston!
    Hi Amy

Welcome to the board! Sorry that you had to come here, but I'm thinking you'll find it fruitful. I grew up in Dorchester. Where do you live in Boston?

Leslie

stage 4 rectal cancer
    dx May'08
    Radiation/neoadjuvant chemo Xeloda/oxaliplatin
    LAR Sept'08
    liver resection Oct'08
    adjuvant chemo FOLFOX 10 tx (Dec'08-May'09)
    currently NED, and they are watching closely
    second PET/CT coming up early Dec'09

Horses
    Leslie,
    I moved last year out of Dorchester (the house was beautiful; 5 bedrooms, wood floors, deck; built in the late 1800s.)

Now I live in Jamaica Plain (I love it here).

I love to ride! What is the name of your horse?

I was planning to visit a stable here locally to ride again.

Thank you for the welcome!

Amy
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    amyboston said:

Horses
    Leslie,
    I moved last year out of Dorchester (the house was beautiful; 5 bedrooms, wood floors, deck; built in the late 1800s.)

Now I live in Jamaica Plain (I love it here).

I love to ride! What is the name of your horse?

I was planning to visit a stable here locally to ride again.

Thank you for the welcome!

Amy

Sterling
    He is my first born horse, now 21, a thoroughbred. My other is a Morgan, Safi (kabisa), and is 7. My husband has a Morgan, Sailor, 14.

I was at the end of the Red line in Dorchester and it was a long way and a couple transfers and a trolley ride to JP!

Nice to meet you!
    Leslie
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Welcome
    I wish it were under different circumstances. You will find the people on this board amazing, inspiring and so giving. You are in my prayers. Marie
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    HI Amy, I did want to
    HI Amy, I did want to correct something you said. You said you have been dx'd Stage IIB and have not yet had CT scan or surgery. Actually, true staging is done after a CT and surgery because the CT would show if the cancer has spread to any other organs/ areas and the lymph nodes removed during surgery will be sent off for a biopsy. Unless a biopsy was done of the tumor in your colon after the colonoscopy, the aggression factor of the tumor also will add to the staging.

T = tumor aggression N = node involvement (1 means 1-4 nodes, etc.) M = metastasis so 0 means none, 3 means that many other organs, etc.

Please do some research before ruling out chemo. Stage IIB is sometimes considered more dangerous than Stage IIIA because it has broken through the wall of the colon. We want you to be well!

Diane
  • dianetavegia
    PhillieG said:

Freudian Slip?
    A Freudian Slip is what Sigmund wore under his dress ;-)
    Well Em, you're into carrots and all so why not Easter (Bunny) medicine?

To heck with carrotts!
    Give me some Jelly Beans and Marshmallow eggs. (all fat free)
  • amyboston

HI Amy, I did want to
    HI Amy, I did want to correct something you said. You said you have been dx'd Stage IIB and have not yet had CT scan or surgery. Actually, true staging is done after a CT and surgery because the CT would show if the cancer has spread to any other organs/ areas and the lymph nodes removed during surgery will be sent off for a biopsy. Unless a biopsy was done of the tumor in your colon after the colonoscopy, the aggression factor of the tumor also will add to the staging.

T = tumor aggression N = node involvement (1 means 1-4 nodes, etc.) M = metastasis so 0 means none, 3 means that many other organs, etc.

Please do some research before ruling out chemo. Stage IIB is sometimes considered more dangerous than Stage IIIA because it has broken through the wall of the colon. We want you to be well!

Diane

Biopsy
    Diane,
    They biopsied the tumor after the colonoscopy, (they removed one polyp and a piece of the tumor).

The tumor (Sigmoid, 3-4 cm) had invaded the Intestinal wall, and was obstructive.

I do my first MRI Thursday early evening. Then another MRI (without contrast and a CT without contrast) next Tuesday.

Thank you for the information, I have been trying to learn all the terms I need to know.

What is NED?

Thanks,
    Amy
  • dianetavegia
    amyboston said:

Biopsy
    Diane,
    They biopsied the tumor after the colonoscopy, (they removed one polyp and a piece of the tumor).

The tumor (Sigmoid, 3-4 cm) had invaded the Intestinal wall, and was obstructive.

I do my first MRI Thursday early evening. Then another MRI (without contrast and a CT without contrast) next Tuesday.

Thank you for the information, I have been trying to learn all the terms I need to know.

What is NED?

Thanks,
    Amy

NED is no evidence of
    NED is no evidence of disease
    NEAD is no evidence of active disease
    dx is diagnosed
    tx is treamtent

I wish your surgery was sooner. Waiting is soooo hard!

Diane
  • amyboston

NED is no evidence of
    NED is no evidence of disease
    NEAD is no evidence of active disease
    dx is diagnosed
    tx is treamtent

I wish your surgery was sooner. Waiting is soooo hard!

Diane

wating
    Diane,
    Thanks for the definitions.

I called my surgeon and her scheduler said the soonest time she could do surgery was on Nov 13th.

I went to a local cancer support group here last night, and talked about the waiting.

that and this forum, help greatly.

Thank you and Blessings,
    Amy
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Welcome
    Welcome to the group. I live in central MA. Hi neighbor. I was 46 when diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. That was in March 2003. I had a few bumps initially but am doing well now. I had my surgery at the Brigham and Women's. If want the name of the surgeon let me know. I highly recommend him.

Maureen