CHEMO HELP!

mbalder
mbalder Member Posts: 31
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I HAD MY 1ST ROUND OF CHEMO 10 DAYS AGO, I WAS SICK FOR 3 DAYS AFTER BUT HAVE EMEND AND OTHER GOOD DRUGS. I REALLY DIDNT THINK IT THAT BAD, NOT MUCH WORSE THAN A FLU. EVERYONE IS SCARING ME AND TELLING ME IT GETS WORSE AS YOU GO ALONG. IS THIS TRUE? ANYONE BEEN THROUGH CHEMO AND IT GETTING MUCH WORSE? I HAVE 4 ROUNDS OF A/C AND 4 ROUNDS OF TAXOL EVERY OTHER WEEK FOR 16 WEEKS, WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP TO PREPARE MY SELF.

THANKS LADIES

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Everybody is affected
    Everybody is affected different. My sister was on Emend also and she never got sick. She just finished 6 cycles of chemo. I on the other hand was really sick and got worse each cycle. I don't remember what anti nausea drugs I was on. This was back in 2003/2004. All I can tell you is be positive and maybe you won't get it any worse. But if you prepare for being sick 3 days after (like have food prepared ahead so you won't need to cook and run errands on the good days before chemo) then you will be ready anyway. The good news is as time passes after treatment is ended you will forget. So just hang in there.
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Dont listen to everything
    you hear. I just had my last round of AC 10 days ago. As long as you continue on your anti nausea meds and drink plenty of water, it didnt get worse for me with each treatment. The only thing is i got a little more tired with each one. The treatments for me were all the same. I took my meds and got plenty of rest and i made it. I think it will be ok for you. Take the nausea meds even if you dont feel sick, that way it will keep it at bay.
    take care and try not to worry. Everyone is different though, it might affect you differently. Just in my case, it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be.
    laura
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    I was sick for three days.
    I was sick for three days. My treatment was on Wednesday. I was fine Thursday...late Friday - Sunday/Monday was when I felt sick. It was pretty consistent for each treatment of A/C. Taxol affected me differently, but nausea was not a problem. My best wishes to you. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • mbalder
    mbalder Member Posts: 31
    ALSO I HAVE 2 SMALL WHITE
    ALSO I HAVE 2 SMALL WHITE SPOTS ON THE INSIDE OF MY TOP LIP, FEELS LIKE I AM STARTING TO GET KANKOR SORES. IS THIS THE START OF THE MOUTH SORES EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT? WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY?

THANKS
    MARCIA
  • ata2d
    ata2d Member Posts: 6
    same treatment
    Hi I'm Christie 38 from minn-nd area stage 3b had the same chemo and my first two were the worst. 911 was called tore my esophagus then a hernia from getting sick. The hair was gone 2 days after my 2nd treatment was glad to see it go it hurt so bad. Light sensitive during 2nd stage. Chemo sucks sorry to say but just look at your beautiful family and you can get through anything. I am a big beliver in prayer I'm praying for you and your family. Stay strong.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    mbalder said:

ALSO I HAVE 2 SMALL WHITE
    ALSO I HAVE 2 SMALL WHITE SPOTS ON THE INSIDE OF MY TOP LIP, FEELS LIKE I AM STARTING TO GET KANKOR SORES. IS THIS THE START OF THE MOUTH SORES EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT? WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THEM GO AWAY?

THANKS
    MARCIA

Marcia
    Yep, those are the mouth sores. You can gargle w/baking soda, use Biotene mouthwash or ask your Onc. for a prescription of Magic Mouthwash. Watch out for alcohol in any toothpaste or mouthwash! Hope you feel better soon!
    Hugz,
    Cathy