Blindsided

always
always Member Posts: 256
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I spent the last few days trying to gear up for my meeting with the Oncologist. I knew we ran tests since my last appt and the test results would help determine or confirm the next step. Up to this point I have been scared, but positive and I have been able to hold it together relatively well. I was not prepared to hear that there was a spot on my liver or on my bones that need more tests before we can decide on the treatment. The treatment that was to be preventative may now be required to stop the spread of more cancer when I thought there was no more. My lumpectomy went well. The clean area that was removed was a little larger than expected, but no signs of cancer in the sentinel node. I knew it was possible that a microscopic cancer cell had snuck out to some other place in my body,but it didn't seem probable. I dismisssed it. It could still be nothing,but the odds are no where near as good as they were just 24 hours ago. 3 more MRIs (one I had already today) A PET scan on Sunday, a Bone Scan on Monday and a possible liver biopsy to get done as early this week coming up as possible so that I know what the battle is and how. I am so tired and in pain and terrified.I know many of you have been where I am... I need to stay positive..I am trying but I just can't even think clearly.

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Always, so sorry to hear of
    Always, so sorry to hear of your latest results. Words seem really inadequate at this time. My thoughts & prayers will be with you during the next few days. Let us know how everything goes. Hugs....
  • always
    Tux said:

Always, so sorry to hear of your latest results. Words seem really inadequate at this time. My thoughts & prayers will be with you during the next few days. Let us know how everything goes. Hugs....

thanks
    Thank you. I will post when I know whats happening.

Becky
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Tux said:

Always I'm so sorry for the
    Always I'm so sorry for the pain you are feeling. You are in my prayers.
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    So sorry!
    Always, I'm so sorry to that you must undergo some more testing. Truly what you're going through is the worst part. Tux is right, words are inadequate ... there's nothing I can say.

Know that you're being prayed for! Please keep us posted. You don't know what is going on ... at this point ... they simply don't know.

Praying!

[[[[hugs]]]]
    dh
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Always
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you are going through this trying time. Hugs, Diane
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Hi, I was diagnosed with
    Hi, I was diagnosed with breast cancer last July. I also had a spot on my bones, T-10 and on my liver. Pretty much the same as you. I know that you are so scared right now, but I want to give you hope. I had chemo and a drug called Zometa for my bones, my pet scan last month showed no activity and my oncologist said I am in remission. I still go for monthly treatments of zometa and for lab work. There are amazing drugs out right now to help you, but I know the terror you are feeling right now. Take a deep breath, I made it, and so will you. You are stronger than you think are. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I am 53 years old and I live in Philadelphia, Pa. So sorry you have to go through this. Stay strong. Meena
  • always
    meena1 said:

Hi, I was diagnosed with
    Hi, I was diagnosed with breast cancer last July. I also had a spot on my bones, T-10 and on my liver. Pretty much the same as you. I know that you are so scared right now, but I want to give you hope. I had chemo and a drug called Zometa for my bones, my pet scan last month showed no activity and my oncologist said I am in remission. I still go for monthly treatments of zometa and for lab work. There are amazing drugs out right now to help you, but I know the terror you are feeling right now. Take a deep breath, I made it, and so will you. You are stronger than you think are. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I am 53 years old and I live in Philadelphia, Pa. So sorry you have to go through this. Stay strong. Meena

thanks meena1
    I will try that deep breath and maybe try to sleep. I will ask you any questions I can come up with as I get my brain working again. I am 50 and in Portage, IN. Thanks to everyone. I feel a little calmer than I did earlier.
    always
    Becky
  • always
    meena1 said:

Hi, I was diagnosed with

question
    Meena

by last July do you mean 2009? Just a few months ago? Or last year 2008?
  • JmG86
    JmG86 Member Posts: 53
    So many of us know the fear
    So many of us know the fear you are feeling, and I will keep you in my prayers. I was diagnosed 6 years ago with mets to my bones ( alot of them!!!). Nothing in liver, thank God, but a lot of problems in the bones. Like Meena I get a monthly Zometa drip. I'm on chemo right now but it was controlled by hormones for 4 years before I had to start the chemo. I am feeling great, and you will get there, believe me! It's a frightening scary thing, I know. Trust in God, lean on your family, don't anticipate...take it one day at a time. You can get through one day! God Bless, and keep us posted.
  • JmG86
    JmG86 Member Posts: 53
    So many of us know the fear you are feeling, and I will keep you in my prayers. I was diagnosed 6 years ago with mets to my bones ( alot of them!!!). Nothing in liver, thank God, but a lot of problems in the bones. Like Meena I get a monthly Zometa drip. I'm on chemo right now but it was controlled by hormones for 4 years before I had to start the chemo. I am feeling great, and you will get there, believe me! It's a frightening scary thing, I know. Trust in God, lean on your family, don't anticipate...take it one day at a time. You can get through one day! God Bless, and keep us posted.
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    JmG86 said:

Always...
    My original dx in July this year did not include mets to other areas, but further tests revealed the beast has attacked my bone in three places. The good news is that my liver and other organs appear to be clear. I am very encouraged by what Meena and JmG have posted. Dr started me on Femara, and I get a Zometa treatment once a month. It's quite possible I'll be getting rads before long. I'll know more when I see the onc on Monday. I'm 67 and live in NM (originally from PA, and lived in Philly area for many years ... Trevose and Warminster). Anyway..just wanted to check in to say I know how terrifying this disease is, but we can find hope in the uplifting accounts of others. Hugs and Prayers to you. Gracie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Yes, try to stay positive.
    Yes, try to stay positive. I will pray that the outcome of your tests will be good for you.

Be sure and let us know when you find out.

HUGS
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Becky
    I know this must be very overwhelming to you right now. But,like you said,you need to stay positive. Try to clear your mind and just take one step at a time. I also had a scare with a 4cm mass on my liver along with a few cysts,and more cysts on my kidneys. Throughout all the tests,the wondering & waiting,I found out it was not cancer. They are still not sure exactly what it is,I have to have more tests in a couple of months,but I'm ok with that for now knowing it's not more of the beast. I calmed my anxiety by thinking that if it was-they would just zap it with the Chemo I was about to receive for my BC. Our livers are very strong organs and one that can repair themselves. The others have shared their stories about the bones & I hope that put some of your fears to rest. I wish you the best on your test results.
    We will be praying for you! Let us know how it goes.
    On another note: I was born in Gary,lived in Merrillville,Griffith,Highland & worked in Portage! There's a few other women on here from Indiana,but not that close to our part.
    Latest report was that it was already COLD up there! Can't say I miss that, but I do sometimes miss the snow!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    You are in my thoughts and
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are living what I fear that another small microscopic tumor passed the nodes and will appear somewhere else in my body. Waiting is so hard. It sounds like everything is being done to find out for sure what is going on. Take care of yourself. Marilyn
  • always
    Cat64 said:

Becky
    I know this must be very overwhelming to you right now. But,like you said,you need to stay positive. Try to clear your mind and just take one step at a time. I also had a scare with a 4cm mass on my liver along with a few cysts,and more cysts on my kidneys. Throughout all the tests,the wondering & waiting,I found out it was not cancer. They are still not sure exactly what it is,I have to have more tests in a couple of months,but I'm ok with that for now knowing it's not more of the beast. I calmed my anxiety by thinking that if it was-they would just zap it with the Chemo I was about to receive for my BC. Our livers are very strong organs and one that can repair themselves. The others have shared their stories about the bones & I hope that put some of your fears to rest. I wish you the best on your test results.
    We will be praying for you! Let us know how it goes.
    On another note: I was born in Gary,lived in Merrillville,Griffith,Highland & worked in Portage! There's a few other women on here from Indiana,but not that close to our part.
    Latest report was that it was already COLD up there! Can't say I miss that, but I do sometimes miss the snow!
    Hugz,
    Cathy

thanks everyone
    I will keep you all posted. I can't thank you enough for all of your answers. I just read is any still scared thread. How timely. God does great work at delivering message through all of you. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. I will not forget any of you in mine.

Becky
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165

You are in my thoughts and
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are living what I fear that another small microscopic tumor passed the nodes and will appear somewhere else in my body. Waiting is so hard. It sounds like everything is being done to find out for sure what is going on. Take care of yourself. Marilyn

Im 40 yrs old, also have BC
    Im 40 yrs old, also have BC with liver mets. I have three spots, one is 3.8 cm, other two measure 8mm and 1 cm. I will be going for my third chemo on the 28th.Please keep us posted on how things are going. My prayers to you.
    Deb