Lotion

Redzey640
Redzey640 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, I was diagnosted with BC in August. A coworker mentioned a recipe that you can make at home for the redness from radiation.She told me I could find it on this site. Does anyone know what she might be talking about because I cant seem to find it.Thank you

Comments

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    lotion
    I am sorry I don,t know,but would like to know.i will watch .i hope you get the recepie.(Pat).
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    NO
    Please don't make anything at home to use on a rads burn. Please ask your radiation oncologist for a cream or something to use. There are so many out there that can help you. A radiation burn is something to take very serious and to let your rads oncologist help you with.

Mine gave me Biafine and Aquaphor and I just finished rads on Monday. I only got a little pink, no burns.

Just ask your doctor for something pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Sue :)
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Ritzy said:

NO
    Please don't make anything at home to use on a rads burn. Please ask your radiation oncologist for a cream or something to use. There are so many out there that can help you. A radiation burn is something to take very serious and to let your rads oncologist help you with.

Mine gave me Biafine and Aquaphor and I just finished rads on Monday. I only got a little pink, no burns.

Just ask your doctor for something pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Sue :)

Sue
    I think you have a good ideal.I will do that.I am not doing Rads. yet.But will soon.Thank you.(Pat).
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    ppurdin said:

Sue
    I think you have a good ideal.I will do that.I am not doing Rads. yet.But will soon.Thank you.(Pat).

Ask your rads oncologist
    Ritzy is right. Do not just make up something at home for a rad burn. That is what your rads oncologist is for. He will either give you some creams or give you a prescription to get something. You have to be very careful with your skin during rads. I was also told to use Dove soap. Just talk to your radiation oncologist and ask them what to use on your skin.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    susie09 said:

Ask your rads oncologist
    Ritzy is right. Do not just make up something at home for a rad burn. That is what your rads oncologist is for. He will either give you some creams or give you a prescription to get something. You have to be very careful with your skin during rads. I was also told to use Dove soap. Just talk to your radiation oncologist and ask them what to use on your skin.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Your radiation oncologist
    Your radiation oncologist will give you creams to help with any rad burn that you might get. NEVER make something at home and use it without letting him know. Rad burns are not just like a sunburn, so be careful. Good luck

Kylez ♥