Day 10 of my first cycle of Chemo

Options
CLRhodes
CLRhodes Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have had continuous cramping and diarreaha for 5 days now. I am so hungry. I consume my liquids so dehydration isn't an issue. Imodium isn't working. Any ideas?

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Call your oncologist
    I am really sorry,
    Call your oncologist as soon as possible, page the doctor and or nurse practitioner.
    If imodium did not work they will prescribe different medication.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Call your oncologist
    I am really sorry,
    Call your oncologist as soon as possible, page the doctor and or nurse practitioner.
    If imodium did not work they will prescribe different medication.

I agree with New Flower .. call doctor
    as soon as possible. Liquids do not fill us up .. I am always hungry, I tried to fill up on veggies and fruit. However, too much fruit may increase bathroom trips.

VickiSam
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    I had the same problem
    It's day 10 for me, also, and I had alot of stomach cramping and alot of loose "squirts",(the only way to describe it) not much at a time. Imodium helped me, though. I've always had a cast iron stomach, could eat anything, not anymore.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

I had the same problem
    It's day 10 for me, also, and I had alot of stomach cramping and alot of loose "squirts",(the only way to describe it) not much at a time. Imodium helped me, though. I've always had a cast iron stomach, could eat anything, not anymore.

I hope you called your
    I hope you called your oncologist and got some help. Let us know.

Kylez ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

I hope you called your
    I hope you called your oncologist and got some help. Let us know.

Kylez ♥

Hoping that you feel better
    Hoping that you feel better Rhodes. Besides what you mentioned, there are pills that you can take for diarrhea. I believe one is Lomotil, or something like that. Ask your oncologist.

Sue :)