Just to let you know

HillBillyNana
HillBillyNana Member Posts: 107
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Finishing chemo is something to celebrate. This is how my daughter and a friend helped me celebrate my last chemo. That was 5 years ago in July. so whether you are starting or finishing just know it is all part of getting well.

Comments

• HillBillyNana
    I forgot to say what I meant to say
    And I put a picture of me on the picture placce. (I think I still have chemo-brain)
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Much Thanks

Appreciate yur pep talk--had my 1'st chemo this past Tues, felt like crap thur, fri, sat, cried off and on and said to myself is this chemo necessary or worth it. Felt like quitting on Friday, but starting to feel better today even tho I'm so tired. You and I are in the same age range, I have 2 beautiful grandchildren, and yes now that I'm feeling a little better, I guess it's worth it. One down and 11 to go and then rads. Nana thanks for the pep talk. I dont have any relatives, or chidren who live nearby, so this discussion board has been a God sent. It's me and hubby and a few friends. Relatives and friends call frequently, but sometimes their comments are irritating. I've always had the big shoulders for family and friends to dump their problems, but I dont care to hear it now. I know they mean well, and some are really hurting for reasons other than what I'm currently dealing with. I guess need to tell them that I cannot listen to their problems right now.
  • HillBillyNana
    natly15 said:

Much Thanks

Appreciate yur pep talk--had my 1'st chemo this past Tues, felt like crap thur, fri, sat, cried off and on and said to myself is this chemo necessary or worth it. Felt like quitting on Friday, but starting to feel better today even tho I'm so tired. You and I are in the same age range, I have 2 beautiful grandchildren, and yes now that I'm feeling a little better, I guess it's worth it. One down and 11 to go and then rads. Nana thanks for the pep talk. I dont have any relatives, or chidren who live nearby, so this discussion board has been a God sent. It's me and hubby and a few friends. Relatives and friends call frequently, but sometimes their comments are irritating. I've always had the big shoulders for family and friends to dump their problems, but I dont care to hear it now. I know they mean well, and some are really hurting for reasons other than what I'm currently dealing with. I guess need to tell them that I cannot listen to their problems right now.

My shoulders are wide too
    Hey, natly, this is the time to take care of yourself. You can be kind but firm when you say, "I want to help you with this, but right now I have to concentrate my energies on doing these treatments". I also found that many people wanted to tell me stories with bad endings. If I could see it going that way, I would stop the story and say, "I only want to hear stories with happy endings". And still people may irritate you. But just remember that the phone call is proof that they are thinking of you and want you to know it. They don't know what to say. I am glad you found this board. I like it too, even though I am finished with the surgery, chemo, and radiation. I still remember how I felt a little crazy because I looked good but I was really sick. It is worth it!! Just a little time out to get well. Take care of yourself. And ask your family (long distance) to be strong for you. Talk to those grandbabies on the phone. At least you won't get germs from them. (my attempt at humor).
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Thanks hillbilly
    You're a great support. I also just started my chemo last Monday, like Natly, and felt like crap for a week! I quess knowing what to expect next time will make it easier. I have lost 10 pounds from the stomaches, diarrhea, etc. I'm sure I'll find those 10 and a few more before next chemo in 2 weeks. Great picture natly.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

My shoulders are wide too
    Hey, natly, this is the time to take care of yourself. You can be kind but firm when you say, "I want to help you with this, but right now I have to concentrate my energies on doing these treatments". I also found that many people wanted to tell me stories with bad endings. If I could see it going that way, I would stop the story and say, "I only want to hear stories with happy endings". And still people may irritate you. But just remember that the phone call is proof that they are thinking of you and want you to know it. They don't know what to say. I am glad you found this board. I like it too, even though I am finished with the surgery, chemo, and radiation. I still remember how I felt a little crazy because I looked good but I was really sick. It is worth it!! Just a little time out to get well. Take care of yourself. And ask your family (long distance) to be strong for you. Talk to those grandbabies on the phone. At least you won't get germs from them. (my attempt at humor).

Great Advice
    thank you - I will say have to focus energies on doing these treatments right now--They dont know what to say, they want to make it better, but they cant. ,I like your humor, yes I'm not around any runny noses or coughs right now. The babies, 7 months and 2 just babble and I love hearing every sound they make.