cyber slumber party, you're all invited...

Marcia527
Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Tell a story about when you went to a slumber party when you were young or just a scary story or just say BOO!

I'll start...I went to a slumber party and all we girls were supposed to stare into the mirror and chant about some witch to show herself. She was supposed to appear. So we chanted and chanted and getting really on edge when someone turned (I won't say who) and I saw my reflection in the window glass (it was dark out) and I screamed thinking the witch went there instead and everyone else starting screaming and the one girls mother had to call up the stairs to find out what was going on.

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    I'll tell one about my
    I'll tell one about my daughter and a slumber party. It was not so funny at the time but it is a riot now.
    My best friend's daughter and she were and are best friends. She went to their new house for a slumber party when she was in 6th grade. The only girl she knew was her best friend (the girls went to different schools and lived in different cities). There were 5 girls at the party (2 that my friend didn't know very well). At some time during the night the girls decided to make cookies without a recipe. They put in all the ingredients without measuring and cooked these horrid cookies. The 2 new girls started a flour fight that went from the kitchen to the family room and hall and used a 5 lb bag of flour. Then these same 2 girls decided to go outside and egg the neighbors car. At that point it was 5 in the morning and my daughter and Linda's girl went in and tried to shower off the flour and to clean up the rooms. This turned their hair to goo and they decided to go and woke up Linda. She came out to flour everywhere, even in the overhead lights in the kitchen. At 6:30 I received a call from Denise crying and trying to tell me what happened. I got the gist of it and hung up on her. Linda told me later that she was crying hysterically after that and saying I had never hung up on her and I was going to hate her etc. I walked in at 7:00 am and she and all the other girls were cleaning up the mess (which cleaned up well). They had already gone over and cleaned up the neighbor's car (Linda had been wanting to meet them anyway). Denise and Chaudra's hair was still a gooey mess so we sent them to shower and to baby oil to help remove the caked on flour. The other girls brushed the flour out of their hair. Linda and I were so mad. We had the other girl's call their moms to come over. When Linda told the twins (these were the new girls) mom she starting laughing and said they had done something similar a few weeks earlier and weren't kids funny. Not so much. Linda did manage to alert all the mom's in Chaundra's sixth grade class. Found out later that these 2 girls were quite the problem children. Mine and hers were put on 6 month no slumber party restriction and I know that the other girl got in trouble also. These 3 girls were truly sorry for what happened and had no problem accepting their punishment. My Denise was invited to many birthday slumber parties during the next six months. She was allowed to go to the afternoon and early evening part but at 9 pm or once the parents were not in the room, I would pick her up. The first party she was allowed to go after her restriction ended was in the middle of 7th grade and at 10 pm she called me and asked me to pick her up. I asked her why and she said that the girls wanted to go TP their history teachers house and she wanted no part of it. The mom knew that the girls planned to do this and she was driving them over (she worked at the school and the teacher was expecting it) but Denise did not want to go with them under any circumstances. So she did learn a big lesson. About a year later, she and I were in the store and I asked her to go get me a big bag of flour and she said that she was never touching flour again. We both laughed.
    Stef
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    boo!
    I have a Frankenboobie!!! hehe

=^..^=
  • HillBillyNana
    HillBillyNana Member Posts: 107
    fauxma said:

I'll tell one about my
    I'll tell one about my daughter and a slumber party. It was not so funny at the time but it is a riot now.
    My best friend's daughter and she were and are best friends. She went to their new house for a slumber party when she was in 6th grade. The only girl she knew was her best friend (the girls went to different schools and lived in different cities). There were 5 girls at the party (2 that my friend didn't know very well). At some time during the night the girls decided to make cookies without a recipe. They put in all the ingredients without measuring and cooked these horrid cookies. The 2 new girls started a flour fight that went from the kitchen to the family room and hall and used a 5 lb bag of flour. Then these same 2 girls decided to go outside and egg the neighbors car. At that point it was 5 in the morning and my daughter and Linda's girl went in and tried to shower off the flour and to clean up the rooms. This turned their hair to goo and they decided to go and woke up Linda. She came out to flour everywhere, even in the overhead lights in the kitchen. At 6:30 I received a call from Denise crying and trying to tell me what happened. I got the gist of it and hung up on her. Linda told me later that she was crying hysterically after that and saying I had never hung up on her and I was going to hate her etc. I walked in at 7:00 am and she and all the other girls were cleaning up the mess (which cleaned up well). They had already gone over and cleaned up the neighbor's car (Linda had been wanting to meet them anyway). Denise and Chaudra's hair was still a gooey mess so we sent them to shower and to baby oil to help remove the caked on flour. The other girls brushed the flour out of their hair. Linda and I were so mad. We had the other girl's call their moms to come over. When Linda told the twins (these were the new girls) mom she starting laughing and said they had done something similar a few weeks earlier and weren't kids funny. Not so much. Linda did manage to alert all the mom's in Chaundra's sixth grade class. Found out later that these 2 girls were quite the problem children. Mine and hers were put on 6 month no slumber party restriction and I know that the other girl got in trouble also. These 3 girls were truly sorry for what happened and had no problem accepting their punishment. My Denise was invited to many birthday slumber parties during the next six months. She was allowed to go to the afternoon and early evening part but at 9 pm or once the parents were not in the room, I would pick her up. The first party she was allowed to go after her restriction ended was in the middle of 7th grade and at 10 pm she called me and asked me to pick her up. I asked her why and she said that the girls wanted to go TP their history teachers house and she wanted no part of it. The mom knew that the girls planned to do this and she was driving them over (she worked at the school and the teacher was expecting it) but Denise did not want to go with them under any circumstances. So she did learn a big lesson. About a year later, she and I were in the store and I asked her to go get me a big bag of flour and she said that she was never touching flour again. We both laughed.
    Stef

My daughter had a slumber party and
    I Let her invite about 6 girls. I knew them all and I knew their parents. All good girls. But they did like to talk and giggle and their goal was to stay up all night. The house was pretty small, but I was a single mom and figured they would go to bed before the night was over. Wrong! They kept on going until I just had to go to bed. I told them to "be quiet" (wasted words). And I went to bed. I fell asleep and woke up some time later. I am not sure how long I slept. But I was a little irritated that they were still up and from the sound of things they were going to meet their goal. So I lay there and mustered up my meanest mom voice and threw back the covers and headed for the living room where they were still talking and giggling. I yelled my daughter's name before I got completely out of bed and they all got quiet. At that moment, when I was supposed to be 'mean mom', I realized my leg was aslelep and I had no control over it. I fell into a heap on the floor, just as the girls all came into my bedroom. I remember the humiliation and thinking "I have to get out of this gracefully" and then I heard a giggle and then I heard, "hey, you guys it's not funny". I crawled back in bed and very quietly said, "you girls need to get some sleep". I don't know if they stayed up all night or not.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Slumber Party
    I remember one slumber party when I was 14. The party was at my best friend's house and there would be about 7 or 8 girls. The date was November 22, 1962. At school that afternoon we got the news from an extremely upset, very large nun, whose face was beet read under her whimple (whipple?)that President Kennedy had been shot and had died. Of course, our Christmas Concert practice was cancelled and we all went home. We didn't know if we should still have the party, but our parents all agreed it was the best thing for us. I think we all had secret crushes on Jack Kennedy. My Father drove me to the pizza place to pick up the pizzas and then took me to my friend's house. During the early part of the evening we were busy laughing and playing our Beatle records, then on orders from "the parents" we quieted down to sleep. Sometime later a noise woke me, it was one of the girls crying. It didn't take long for the rest of us to be sitting there crying too, it was the saddest party I was ever at, but we spent the rest of the evening talking about him and remembering. We felt so bad for the children. It helped for us to all sit there and talk about it, almost like our own little teenage support group, and for some of the girls who were not really part of the group, it made them and us one of the tightest groups in our class.