A big hello from dmc!

dmc_emmy
dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I've been out of the loop for over a month now, since work has really been keeping me busy. I'm not use to working 50+ hours a week (I'm not sure if I should smile, because I can work those kind of hours and be tired like everyone else, or cry because I'm too tired to do anything else except work). Therefore, is it a :) or :(?

I just wanted to say a quick "Hello" to everyone on the boards, welcome the newbies (though sorry for the reason you have joined us), send well wishes to all currently in treatment, send cheers for those dancing with NED, send postive thoughts to those soon to begin treatment, and send many cyber hugs to all of you.

As for us here: I'm feeling great, walking my pup everyday for 2-3 miles (even in the rain and cold), losing weight (not much, but I'll take the 10 lbs I lost (though put 6 back on, which leaves me with a minus 4); my daughter is being a sweetie helping me with laundry and house cleaning, in between her part-time jobs and college classes; and hubby broke his arm after he tripped over his retired guide dog, then fell over a curb in the emergency room parking lot by the handicapped parking. Who would put a curb there anyway? It must have been a decision made in the accounting office. Emmy, my pup, is still doing hospice volunteering and loving it(in fact, I need to leave soon to go visit).

Could someone update me as to why Pammy is in the hospital? Sure would appreciate it.

I'll try to check the boards more often to keep up with all that's happening.

Hugs,
dmc
PS
I haven't heard any word about my last MRI, so I will take that as good news.

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    DMC
    Great to have you back, the place just wasn't the same without you!.. Love the new dog pic, gorgeous!... Hope you are doing OK and NOT working too hard. Huge Hugs to you Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Well sweetie, I don't know
    Well sweetie, I don't know why you have been away from the boards; it seems you have at least a nano-second left in the day to get online! Oh yeah~ you probably wisely use that time to pee or something, huh???

I was really happy to see your name on the boards today~ and though you are incredibly busy ( and sorry about your hubby's broken arm) I am really happy that 99.9% of your news was GOOD! Hooray!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

Well sweetie, I don't know
    Well sweetie, I don't know why you have been away from the boards; it seems you have at least a nano-second left in the day to get online! Oh yeah~ you probably wisely use that time to pee or something, huh???

I was really happy to see your name on the boards today~ and though you are incredibly busy ( and sorry about your hubby's broken arm) I am really happy that 99.9% of your news was GOOD! Hooray!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

DMC
    Glad to see you back on

DMC
    Glad to see you back on here.
    Stef
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    fauxma said:

DMC
    Glad to see you back on

DMC
    Glad to see you back on here.
    Stef

Thank you for the warm welcome back
    Since I am, currently, caught up at work I hope to be on the boards more on the week-ends. You all will not see me much, if at all during the week, because 5AM comes too early. Speaking of which, I should probably take my pup out for one last walk---burrrr it's cold, then into a warm bath and then to a bed full of comforters.

Yes, Fall has come to MI.
    dmc
    PS
    As for that nano-second chenheart, I think I may have used to catch one more wink of sleep :).
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    dmc
    So glad to hear you are doing well, so sorry about the hubby, that has to hurt.
    I think Pammy posted finally about her surgery, it was to remove her ovaries, but got a little involved.
    Try not to work too hard, I remember doing that through chemo too, working all day at the office, then taking stuff home, and working weekends. Bad timing on when our office decided to get busy, but we do what we do...or something like that, right Chen?
    No news is good news on that MRI so we will just keep on with the good news part.
    Take care and try taking a breather wouldja?
    Cat