Halloween Party

pitt
pitt Member Posts: 387
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My neighbors throw a HUGE Halloween party every year and it's something the kids really look forward to. It's next weekend, which is perfect because I'm not scheduled for another chemo treatment until the 22! I'm thinking I will feel okay enough to attend for at least a couple of hours. So here's the question. I'm looking for funny costume ideas. I was thinking I would go as the gypsy Carmen and my husband could be my enthusiastic latin lover. OR we could go as pirates. (See the theme? I'm thinking head scarves, etc.)

Do any of you have any other ideas?

***(One year I went as Martha Stewart, wearing a prison uniform, apron, heels, pearls. My husband went as a WorldCom executive wearing matching prison uniform, suit jacket, name tag.)

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Princess Jasmin and Aladdin?
    Princess Jasmin and Aladdin? Beekeepers - Tasha has just the costume, in turquoise. Political statement: "Taliban" and "Muslim women?" - whoops, that's not funny, is it? Sounds like a great party. xoxoxo Lynn
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    And, if you are feeling
    And, if you are feeling Super brave, there is always the Mr and Mrs Clean option! LOL Or,favorite team baseball players ( caps),or nun and priest! Have fun whatever you decide to be!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    I'm taking the liberty of
    I'm taking the liberty of bumping this...it's so much fun to think about. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • pitt
    lynn1950 said:

Princess Jasmin and Aladdin?
    Princess Jasmin and Aladdin? Beekeepers - Tasha has just the costume, in turquoise. Political statement: "Taliban" and "Muslim women?" - whoops, that's not funny, is it? Sounds like a great party. xoxoxo Lynn

Those ideas are great. I'll
    Those ideas are great. I'll put them on the list. Thanks.
  • pitt
    chenheart said:

And, if you are feeling
    And, if you are feeling Super brave, there is always the Mr and Mrs Clean option! LOL Or,favorite team baseball players ( caps),or nun and priest! Have fun whatever you decide to be!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen - I'm not brave enough
    I am not brave enough for the Mr/Mrs Clean option, but don't think for a second I didn't consider it! ;-) That's exactly my sense of humor...but I couldn't do that to everyone else. My friends are having a harder time accepting my breast cancer than I am. I think it's easier on us, because we simply have to "do." Everyone else feels helpless. So to keep them laughing, that's what I'm good at, I may go as a pregnant nun...but the 100F weather down here may force me into a lighter costume. I'll post pictures once we decide! Thanks.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    pitt said:

Chen - I'm not brave enough
    I am not brave enough for the Mr/Mrs Clean option, but don't think for a second I didn't consider it! ;-) That's exactly my sense of humor...but I couldn't do that to everyone else. My friends are having a harder time accepting my breast cancer than I am. I think it's easier on us, because we simply have to "do." Everyone else feels helpless. So to keep them laughing, that's what I'm good at, I may go as a pregnant nun...but the 100F weather down here may force me into a lighter costume. I'll post pictures once we decide! Thanks.

Great Attitude
    Pitt you have a great attitiude and great energy. Your posts inspire me. You sound like a vibrant young mom, with a fun life. You are obviously fit and active which certainly helps with this journey. I'm vascillating as to whether or not to return to my job.
    They need my help, it could be a good diversion, but my energy level doesnt last long. I'm a grandmother in my "young" late 60's and like you have no family nearby. I am forcing myself to get up and get moving, but not at the pace I once did. Tried to get my photo up here but havent figured it out yet. I look forward to your posts. :) You are a beautiful lady just as all the ladies on these boards are. These boards have been a life saver.
  • pitt
    natly15 said:

Great Attitude
    Pitt you have a great attitiude and great energy. Your posts inspire me. You sound like a vibrant young mom, with a fun life. You are obviously fit and active which certainly helps with this journey. I'm vascillating as to whether or not to return to my job.
    They need my help, it could be a good diversion, but my energy level doesnt last long. I'm a grandmother in my "young" late 60's and like you have no family nearby. I am forcing myself to get up and get moving, but not at the pace I once did. Tried to get my photo up here but havent figured it out yet. I look forward to your posts. :) You are a beautiful lady just as all the ladies on these boards are. These boards have been a life saver.

Natly15 - Thanks
    Thank you for saying that. I don't always feel so great but I'm glad people see that I'm trying. You look AWESOME! I love your pixie hair. I just cut mine like that after having long long hair for years... and I feel liberated to have such an easy to care for hairdo. I bet you are a hoot of a grandmother. My mom also is your age with cancer. Her cancer, however, is terminal. She was becoming more and more depressed and staying in her room until we pointed out that she wasn't dead yet! Slowly she started going back to work...they were very flexible and allowed her to do whatever she could manage, when she could manage it. It's been 2 years now!!! I'm telling you this because I think we need energy from others when we are at our lowest. Take from your friends and co-workers what you need. Stay home and rest when you don't. This is about you right now and no one else!
  • natly15
    pitt said:

Natly15 - Thanks
    Thank you for saying that. I don't always feel so great but I'm glad people see that I'm trying. You look AWESOME! I love your pixie hair. I just cut mine like that after having long long hair for years... and I feel liberated to have such an easy to care for hairdo. I bet you are a hoot of a grandmother. My mom also is your age with cancer. Her cancer, however, is terminal. She was becoming more and more depressed and staying in her room until we pointed out that she wasn't dead yet! Slowly she started going back to work...they were very flexible and allowed her to do whatever she could manage, when she could manage it. It's been 2 years now!!! I'm telling you this because I think we need energy from others when we are at our lowest. Take from your friends and co-workers what you need. Stay home and rest when you don't. This is about you right now and no one else!

Hair
    Actually my hair is short but one length now. Wish I had that pixie now. I finally got a straight looking, short, one length bob after all these years, and now will say "goodbye" bob. Your mom sounds tough,so sorry that hers' is terminal, but she obviously has the same spunk you have. I feel pretty fortunate right now, because I think my beast was caught early enough. I've been riding a roller coaster of feelings and emotions, and do get good energy from my family and close friends. My cousin was here this weekend with her daughter and granddaughter. They did a carribbean cruise and on their return spent the night with me. My cousin prepared soup and spaghetti sauce for us,her daugher gave me a well needed gentle pedicure and now they are all on a flight home. It was a wonderful visit.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Hi pitt
    One year my sister and her boyfriend went as each other. He is a golfer so she wore golf clothes, hat, shoes and the works even the clubs. He dressed in panty hose, bra, dress, heels and wig. They were a hoot.

Have fun!
    Jadie<3
  • natly15
    pitt said:

Natly15 - Thanks

Hi
    I see you are a fellow Floridian in the Lauderdale area. We now live in a suburb of Orlando, moved here from Coral Springs in 97. I love S.Florida. My older son lives in W. Palm Area, and younger son lived in cooper city but moved to North Carolina about 2 years ago. Perhaps one day we can meet when I'm in the area, or perhaps if you and the family take a ride to see Mickey.
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Jadie said:

Hi pitt
    One year my sister and her boyfriend went as each other. He is a golfer so she wore golf clothes, hat, shoes and the works even the clubs. He dressed in panty hose, bra, dress, heels and wig. They were a hoot.

Have fun!
    Jadie<3</p>

My favorite couple at a
    My favorite couple at a Halloween party was the wife as a "mom" & the husband as a baby--
    clad only in a diaper with a giant bottle & pacifier. I was a cat at the same party-drew on whiskers with magic marker & they didn't come off for days! (not recommended)

Once I was a cheerleader & my husband was a basketball player--in colors that matched the group we were with (a fraternity).