cryo recuperation

muttsrule
muttsrule Member Posts: 52
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Hello, all. I had cryoablation Sept.24 (froze all of it). PSA 4.2, Stage T2A, Gleason 3+3. Dr. thinks all has been going well, except I needed to wear the catheter an extra week and will be done with that Oct.13, I hope. I'd just like to compare notes with others somewhat like me recuperating, not necessarily from cryo. I'm having more pain than I expected, and constant dribbling of blood from the end of the penis/catheter. Dr. seems unfazed. Anyhow, any comments for me? Thanks.

Comments

• lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Glad to hear that you are on
    Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. I had Davince Surgery on Aug. 12th and doing very well.

I've only heard of one or two that have gone down the cryo path for treatment. I had the catheter for 12 days and my pain level was more severe then I thought it would be. But everyone is different so I'm sure your in good hands with your Doctor.
    Larry
  • muttsrule
    lewvino said:

Glad to hear that you are on
    Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. I had Davince Surgery on Aug. 12th and doing very well.

I've only heard of one or two that have gone down the cryo path for treatment. I had the catheter for 12 days and my pain level was more severe then I thought it would be. But everyone is different so I'm sure your in good hands with your Doctor.
    Larry

cryo recuperation
    Thanks, Larry. I guess I need reassurance like yours to keep from working myself into a fit over what's normal. Tuesday the catheter gets another chance to get detached and stay detached. John
  • txbarton
    txbarton Member Posts: 89 Member
    Blood dribble
    I had daVinci last Wednesday. I don't know that I would characterize it as a dribble but I do have some bloody residue around my catheter that puts a small spot on my BVDs and along the tube which is also part bacitracine. My doctor preferred bacitracine over lube.

I get my catheter our the day after you do.

VB
  • NM
    NM Member Posts: 214
    txbarton said:

Blood dribble
    I had daVinci last Wednesday. I don't know that I would characterize it as a dribble but I do have some bloody residue around my catheter that puts a small spot on my BVDs and along the tube which is also part bacitracine. My doctor preferred bacitracine over lube.

I get my catheter our the day after you do.

VB

5 weeks post Davinci
    I also had some blood drippage from around the head of my penis, I called doctor and he said it was from the incisions connecting the bladder to the urethera leaking a little during healing and not to worry about it. I only had catheter in 6 daysand no bleeding after removal. Hope this explains it somewhat.

Nick
  • nymets1
    nymets1 Member Posts: 26
    Mattsrule,
    Do you have a

Mattsrule,

Do you have a catheter or the direct tube to the bladder? I had the latter for about 10 days following cryo. I had blood only for a few hours and a huge swelling in you know where for about 2 days but everyone is different. At this point what you are going through is still in the range of normal so I wouldn't worry.

Best of luck...and if you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

Joey
  • muttsrule
    nymets1 said:

Mattsrule,
    Do you have a

Mattsrule,

Do you have a catheter or the direct tube to the bladder? I had the latter for about 10 days following cryo. I had blood only for a few hours and a huge swelling in you know where for about 2 days but everyone is different. At this point what you are going through is still in the range of normal so I wouldn't worry.

Best of luck...and if you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

Joey

cryo recuperation
    Hi, Joey. I've got the direct tube to the bladder--and I've _still_ got it. Just can't squeeze out a drop by myself. Next Tuesday is the next opportunity. Thanks for your input. John
  • muttsrule
    muttsrule said:

cryo recuperation
    Hi, Joey. I've got the direct tube to the bladder--and I've _still_ got it. Just can't squeeze out a drop by myself. Next Tuesday is the next opportunity. Thanks for your input. John

On my own at last!
    Today, a little over a month after surgery, I was liberated from the catheter. I've pranced into the bathroom four or five times since this morning, leaving a bucketful each time. Rejoice with me!
  • nymets1
    nymets1 Member Posts: 26
    muttsrule said:

On my own at last!
    Today, a little over a month after surgery, I was liberated from the catheter. I've pranced into the bathroom four or five times since this morning, leaving a bucketful each time. Rejoice with me!

Muttsrule,
    I just caught

Muttsrule,

I just caught your most recent comment about finally being free of that lousy tube!

To that I say...Congrtats!

Hey....are you a Mets fan/ hater (a lot of people call the Mets the Mutts)?

Anyhoo...you should now enjoy a couple of beers!

Joey
  • muttsrule
    nymets1 said:

Muttsrule,
    I just caught

Muttsrule,

I just caught your most recent comment about finally being free of that lousy tube!

To that I say...Congrtats!

Hey....are you a Mets fan/ hater (a lot of people call the Mets the Mutts)?

Anyhoo...you should now enjoy a couple of beers!

Joey

Mets fan?
    Thanks, Joey. Cath is now replaced with pads as I continue to dribble a bit. As for the Mets, baseball just doesn't do it for me. Now football: Seattle Seahawks, U of WA, UNC, U of GA.... Cheers & Peace John