Making Strides Against Breast Cancer - Florida style

MyTurnNow
MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I, too, walked in my first breast cancer walk yesterday. The weather in Florida was a summertime 92+ degrees. The walk took place on the beach and was quite the sight to see. This location was just one of three locations in the city. The beach was a sea of "pink" and amazing. This was my first of many walks for this cause. I had a team of 15 people that included my husband and daughter along with other family members and friends. We managed to place in 8th place for team donations. Next year, I'm raising the bar and looking to move my team up in donations. There will never be enough money collected for breast cancer research, in my opinion, until a cure is found! Just as soon as I receive some of the pictures that were taken, I'll try and figure out how to post them.

Comments

• Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    YAY
    Wasn't it exhilerating!!! well it was for me.. WOW what a beautiful place to have the walk.. I can't wait to see the pics!!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Calleen said:

YAY
    Wasn't it exhilerating!!! well it was for me.. WOW what a beautiful place to have the walk.. I can't wait to see the pics!!!

ACS MSABC Walk Event
    As a fellow BCer, thank you both - MyTurnNow & Calleen - for your efforts.

Yes, R&D must continue. Even with survivorship rising - there must eventually be an actual cure, or a bona fide preventative. Because the numbers are staggering...

I've participated, too, in the MSABC event for the past 5 years. Ever since recovery from invasive treatment.

Thanks, again.