Hi All, I am celebrating!!!

Options
mlmjt1
mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Last chemo today and obviously I am up at 2:43 am because they gave me dexamethasone and decadron today and I cant sleep but no matter, I have the whole weekend to lay low. I still have herceptin to do for the next year but I dont expect too much trouble from that and I will probably have the right breast expander replaced in january so I can actually get the reconstruction done. So...I am optimistic and grateful for all of the support you guys have given me. I couldnt have made it without all of you, a wonderful family and work support system and friends I never even knew I had...plus a new relationship with something bigger than myself. So, all in all, positive things do come out of bad situations and I am lucky to have recognized that.

By the way we all need to keep flagging our new "friend" who has been leaving us messages that really do not belong here. Its just sad that there are people in the world who get their kicks doing really stupid things.

Thanks again all
Hugs
Linda T

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Linda, I remember how good I felt to have that last chemo done, how proud and grateful and relieved. My doctor told me that the latest stats are that only 50% of people complete as much as 85% of their chemo. So, congratulations!

Wishing you all the best.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Congratulations!
    Linda, I remember how good I felt to have that last chemo done, how proud and grateful and relieved. My doctor told me that the latest stats are that only 50% of people complete as much as 85% of their chemo. So, congratulations!

Hey, Well Done!
    Finishing chemo is a huge milestone. Congratulations......NOW PARTY! Jxxxxxxx
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Hey, Well Done!
    Finishing chemo is a huge milestone. Congratulations......NOW PARTY! Jxxxxxxx

Good for you!
    One more step towards a life free from cancer. Enjoy!

Roseann
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Good for you!
    One more step towards a life free from cancer. Enjoy!

Roseann

All done
    Congrats on finishing your chemo. Herceptin will be a breeze.
    We won't be hearing from that person anymore--Greta and CSN staff got rid of that person.

Margo
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    Chemo down - Yeh!
    One more thing to check off in your fight with the beast. Dancing with NED is just that much closer! Way to go. Lola
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Congratulations! It feels so
    Congratulations! It feels so good to be done! I know it did for me.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Congratulations! It feels so
    Congratulations! It feels so good to be done! I know it did for me.

Congratulations .... Warrior of Chemo Chicks
    I am just finishing up week 6 of 18 .. Yes, it tough and I can see how many people choose not to complete treatment, it is difficult to say the least.

It is both a choice and comitment to see chemo thru. You made it, and I am following in suit of the same goal.

Best wishes,

VickiSam
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Congrats Linda!
    And your attitude sounds great-that is really going to help you!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Linda.
    Congratulations, Linda. Another milestone reached in the battle against breast cancer. I'm so happy for you!!
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Congratulations, Linda.
    Congratulations, Linda. Another milestone reached in the battle against breast cancer. I'm so happy for you!!

YAY!!
    That is something to celebrate!!! (((((HUGZ))))!!! I hope you got some rest!!! or are getting it right now...
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    YAY!
    No easy feat! Not just anyone can do this! GREAT for you! One more step closer to NED!
    best!!!!
    -Jenny
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Linda-so glad to hear that
    Linda-so glad to hear that you are done with chemo! Good luck in your next steps in the long journey. My thoughts & prayers are with you!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    YEAH!
    I am so happy for you! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    WOO WOO Linda!!!
    Its the best feeling in the world to be done with chemo. Go out and celebrate! I am so happy for you!
    Hugs - Pat
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Yeah Linda...
    Last chemo! So happy for you (smile). Time to treat yourself to something special, you deserve it! Pammy
  • mcsessions
    mcsessions Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm so
    Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you, I can't imagine the feeling.
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    That's fantastic! Have a
    That's fantastic! Have a party and celebrate! You deserve it!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Linda!
    What an accomplishment! I felt the same way when I finished chemo. There are positives that come out of even the worst situaitons, aren't there? Now, go out and celebrate, girl!

PS. I've been out of internet contact for a few days, and I noticed that one of the posts on my weekend thread was deleted by the moderators. Is this the "friend" you mention? Can someone please fill me in? Thanks!

Mimi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Congratulations!

Wow Moop, I didn't know
    Wow Moop, I didn't know that~ I am now even more grateful that I was able to finish my chemo regimin; and I of course hope that those who were not able to find that thier cancer is killed through other means and that they dance, dance, dance with our sweet NED for untold years to come.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You sound so upbeat and ready for the next phase of Life After Cancer!!!

Of course you could have done this without us~ but it is so encouraging to have this grand group along for the ride, isn't it? Doesn't make the trip fun, exactly, but the sweet successes are so much sweeter when shared with those who really do "get it"!

Get some rest when you come down from your medically induced high! LOL We'll be here waiting for you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥