Last chemo treatment today

mlmjt1
mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all. I am celebrating my last taxol treatment today!!! W000HOOO!!!!! Its a huge thing to get thru and I am so relieved that this part of the journey is done for me. I still have herceptin to do weekly for 2 more weeks, then every 3rd week for a year but with no side effects, I expect it to be much easier for me.

I go back to the plastic surgeon on Wed. I had bilateral mastectomy and had to have one of the expanders removed due to a wound that wouldnt heel so hopefully that will be replaced in January and we can get started on the fills...then reconstruction...still is alot to do, but I expect my spirits will be better as well as my stamina.

So again my friends, thanks for the ear and the support. I could have never have gotten this far without all of you.

Hugs to all
Linda T

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Linda T
    Good for you finishing the Taxol treatment. Herceptin alone is a breeze.
    You know you can PM me anytime.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544

Linda T
    Good for you finishing the Taxol treatment. Herceptin alone is a breeze.
    You know you can PM me anytime.

Hugs,
    Margo

Linda, so glad that this
    Linda, so glad that this part of your journey is over! Even though I don't know you personally, it feels so good to know that you are doing OK. Be sure to get lots of rest & keep us posted!
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Linda
    Yeah on completing the Chemo! Whew!! What a milestone! Hope all goes well for you on Wednesday!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Cat64 said:

Linda
    Yeah on completing the Chemo! Whew!! What a milestone! Hope all goes well for you on Wednesday!
    Hugz,
    Cathy

Congrats to you Linda!
    Congrats to you Linda!

Angie
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Angie2U said:

Congrats to you Linda!
    Congrats to you Linda!

Angie

Congratulations. I look
    Congratulations. I look forward to following in your footsteps! Good luck with your next step...
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Congrats
    It's so good to hear about those ending this part of treatment. Especially for those of us getting ready to start. I'll get my chemo schedule on Monday. I'm actually hoping that they will start this week. I want to get started so I can finish. I'm not anxious about what will happen to me during chemo. All the wonderful women on this site who have gone before and shared their experiences are helping me prepare. I'm just anxious to have this part over. So again, congrats on finishing this part. You are one-step closer to that dance with NED! Lola
  • HillBillyNana
    HillBillyNana Member Posts: 107
    I know that feeling
    I know the feeling of being finished with chemo. The girls made me a cake. SEe the picture on Expressions Gallery. The brush and comb were fine for a while but soon I had to buy a bigger one.