CONTACT CSN ABOUT THE SPAMMING

Angie2U
Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Did everyone send an email to CSN about this spamming? You can do it either by clicking on the left where it says CSN feedback or at the top of the page on the right, where it says contact CSN.

Angie

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Bumping up
    Bumping up so that everyone can see it.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Angie2U said:

Bumping up
    Bumping up so that everyone can see it.

I have and have been
    I have and have been flagging the spammers posts too. Wake up Greta! lol
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    susie09 said:

I have and have been
    I have and have been flagging the spammers posts too. Wake up Greta! lol

I will.
    I will do this right now.I don,t know how anyone could get a kick out of doing this to anyone,let alone someone going through cancer.(Pat).
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Angie
    I checked out when this guy joined up and he started on 100909. Did you see he has posted 1700 messages? I was up until about 3:30 am and I was flagging every comment he made up until I went to bed and he kept on even after. And he doesnt stop here. He is going to the other cancer discussion boards and posting the same things there. I think every post that he has made has been flagged up until your comment because I checked all the previous ones and I know where I left off last night so we all have to keep at it. I also emailed csn about our site and the others as well.

What a pervert...and I am not a prude, I just want to be able to talk to you guys without having to search for the most recent comments.

We will get rid of him if we all stick together....and I KNOW how much power this group of women have!!!!!

Take care
    Linda T
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    As long as someone sent a
    As long as someone sent a message I don't think all of us need to send another. I think at this point it will be impossible to flag all the spam posts because if you look at how many posts they have it is now over 1700. Yesterday night it was about 200.

This is really messing up the messages so sorry if I'm not answering.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Angie
    I checked out when this guy joined up and he started on 100909. Did you see he has posted 1700 messages? I was up until about 3:30 am and I was flagging every comment he made up until I went to bed and he kept on even after. And he doesnt stop here. He is going to the other cancer discussion boards and posting the same things there. I think every post that he has made has been flagged up until your comment because I checked all the previous ones and I know where I left off last night so we all have to keep at it. I also emailed csn about our site and the others as well.

What a pervert...and I am not a prude, I just want to be able to talk to you guys without having to search for the most recent comments.

We will get rid of him if we all stick together....and I KNOW how much power this group of women have!!!!!

Take care
    Linda T

I was going through all the
    I was going through all the boards last night flagging. I'm not sure if it is necessary to flag every one because I think CSN can find the posts anyway. I go through and do it because it makes me feel like I'm doing something to help. Can't hurt to flag it anyway. It is probably a computer doing it. They always sign in with a different user name and then start spamming. You can tell they are because there will be a list of links like this one had. Most don't have comments. I saw the first one they posted. They had the comments 'very good article' but no article was mentioned. I came back later and the list was there and I knew they were a spammer.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Marcia527 said:

As long as someone sent a
    As long as someone sent a message I don't think all of us need to send another. I think at this point it will be impossible to flag all the spam posts because if you look at how many posts they have it is now over 1700. Yesterday night it was about 200.

This is really messing up the messages so sorry if I'm not answering.

Everyone should email CSN about this
    I have been flagging all of the ones that aren't. And, I think if we all contact CSN, they will not only hopefully delete this freak, but, maybe work on stopping this from happening in the future. Hopefully, CSN will take this serious. Maybe, they need to hire more people to watch over these boards. I know that the posts have been flagged since yesterday afternoon and nothing has been done yet. And, maybe they need to change the sign in to the site, like they did the other day or something to make sure that someone can't do this spamming. Surely CSN has some kind of computer tech's that can stop this from happening, or, I hope they do.

Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Ritzy said:

Everyone should email CSN about this
    I have been flagging all of the ones that aren't. And, I think if we all contact CSN, they will not only hopefully delete this freak, but, maybe work on stopping this from happening in the future. Hopefully, CSN will take this serious. Maybe, they need to hire more people to watch over these boards. I know that the posts have been flagged since yesterday afternoon and nothing has been done yet. And, maybe they need to change the sign in to the site, like they did the other day or something to make sure that someone can't do this spamming. Surely CSN has some kind of computer tech's that can stop this from happening, or, I hope they do.

Sue :)

I agree
    I think everyone should contact CSN too. Otherwise, they may not take this very serious. I wonder why noone has done anything yet from here. This spammer messed up all of the boards, not just bc's. That is pretty sad to do that to a cancer site.

And, don't go to a site just because someone posts it on here, especially a brand new user. There is one now from postmaster something and who knows what it is. You can not only get a virus, but, they can steal info from your computer. And, don't give out personal info, your full name, address, even your email. You can give that in PM's to people you trust.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Angie

Take care
    Linda T

Linda T .. Good for you ... I too same the postings
    and I became very irrated ... didn't know what to do. So Thank you,

VickiSam
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

I agree
    I think everyone should contact CSN too. Otherwise, they may not take this very serious. I wonder why noone has done anything yet from here. This spammer messed up all of the boards, not just bc's. That is pretty sad to do that to a cancer site.

And, don't go to a site just because someone posts it on here, especially a brand new user. There is one now from postmaster something and who knows what it is. You can not only get a virus, but, they can steal info from your computer. And, don't give out personal info, your full name, address, even your email. You can give that in PM's to people you trust.

This is so sad that someone
    This is so sad that someone has to do this to a cancer support site. Unbelieveable. I hope that CSN can get them off of here forever and prevent this from happening again.

Leeza