Awareness walk on Army post in Germany

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My daughter lives on an Army post in Germany and can not be here for the Komen walk, but wanted to do something. What she did was sell some of the awareness bracelets that I made and use the money for donations towards the walk here. On Sunday, she and her friends are going to wear their bracelets and do their own walk! She said this is the best way she knows to give her support while so far away. Her husband deploys next month and hopefully she and my grandson will be able to come home while he is gone.

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    How wonderful, My nephew is
    How wonderful, My nephew is on the Air force bace in Germany. Do you have a web site you post the bracelets you make.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    That is great Elm!
    Angie

That is great Elm!

Angie
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Your daughter...
    Is obviously a wonderful young woman. :-)

As a survivor, please send her my thanks for her efforts, elm.

Kind regards, Susan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Your daughter...
    Is obviously a wonderful young woman. :-)

As a survivor, please send her my thanks for her efforts, elm.

Kind regards, Susan

Yes Elm, please thank your
    Yes Elm, please thank your daughter for doing this. You must be so proud!

HUGS
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Where in Germany is your
    Where in Germany is your daughter? I was raised on a military base in Germany which housed BOTH Army and Air Force~ my dad was a civilian newspaperman for over 20 years. He was one of the editors of the military newspaper The Stars & Stripes, and I lived in Germany from the age of 4 until I married a GI and moved to the States when I was 25! I am so proud of your daughter for doing this with her friends on your behalf...what a special daughter you raised!

Hugs,
    Cheh♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    That is a wonderful thing to
    That is a wonderful thing to do. I'm impressed.
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    The post is Katterbach in
    The post is Katterbach in Ansbach, which is in Bavaria. Its beautiful there. Instead of everything being on one post, there are 3 posts in the area. One has the stores, post office, banks, etc. The other has more housing and the helicopter field. The one she lives on consists of housing only. Its very different from the Army and Airforce bases I have seen anywhere else. My friend's nephew is stationed in Stuttgart.