Second day since I shaved my head.Yes.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
tHANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT.I am so glad I finally got mad for letting this control me.I put up with shedding hair for a few days.Each handfull i would cry.It had to stop,thank God I finally took control.I have a wig that looks like my own hair and i order,d the cutest hats from the tlc book and got them today.I usually was tuffer then this.but it was a ruff road to get down.but I did and I am so thankful.God Bless you all.(Pat).

Comments

• laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Good for you
    I'm glad you made it through ok. I'll be right behind you, soon. So far, no shedding.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Pat, You are tough to be
    Pat, You are tough to be going through what you are going through. I know that it is hard to lose your hair, but my hair grew back so cute! I love it, I keep it short and i have blonde hi-lites, . I never would have done it this way. I also went shopping and bought clothes to match my hair! Take care,,,:)
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Pat
    So glad to hear you took that bull by the horns! :-)
    You truly sound so much better now and I am happy for you.
    I think we probably all thought we were pretty tough before all this, but it seems that each & every day tests our true courage & strength!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • deecore
    deecore Member Posts: 4
    Your hair will grow back
    I understand where u are coming from. I couldn't even think about losing my hair just seeing it come out...so I had my boyfriend just shave my head after my first chemo so i never experienced it coming out.Then I had to get tough on myself and keep telling myself it's just hair it will grow back..I just didn't feel pretty anymore and I would find myself crying when i took my wig off..then i said enough is enough I look good with this wig and can't nobody tell me I don't. If I have to wear a wig to beat this disease then bring on the wigs. Once again it's just hair and it will grow back.
  • Q088suzie
    Q088suzie Member Posts: 27
    deecore said:

Your hair will grow back
    I understand where u are coming from. I couldn't even think about losing my hair just seeing it come out...so I had my boyfriend just shave my head after my first chemo so i never experienced it coming out.Then I had to get tough on myself and keep telling myself it's just hair it will grow back..I just didn't feel pretty anymore and I would find myself crying when i took my wig off..then i said enough is enough I look good with this wig and can't nobody tell me I don't. If I have to wear a wig to beat this disease then bring on the wigs. Once again it's just hair and it will grow back.

Pat...
    So happy to hear you are coming out of this one!! The hair thing was a major concern for me also...although, it really turned out fine. I am glad you got a wig that you are happy with,,,I think that is half the battle...to be able to not feel so self conscious and feel comfortable with your self. More power to you,,,will be here always....Suzie
  • stevie178
    stevie178 Member Posts: 31
    Q088suzie said:

Pat...
    So happy to hear you are coming out of this one!! The hair thing was a major concern for me also...although, it really turned out fine. I am glad you got a wig that you are happy with,,,I think that is half the battle...to be able to not feel so self conscious and feel comfortable with your self. More power to you,,,will be here always....Suzie

Hair
    First ladies I will shed some light on this since it to is one of my wife's fears but I can tell you this and by no means is it to down play what your going through. Your hair will grow back and with all the posting I've been reading in here you have all got to be some of the most beautiful people anyone could lay their eyes on anyways , so the hair is a moot point right now. This is what I reassure my wife of right now , I tell her it will grow back and look at me .........I need Rogaine,Jenny Craig and new teeth to look as good as her. All our support is here for everyone as there's has been here for us. Chins up ladies, like my lovie you will all be TRIUMPHANT !!!!

Best Wishes

Steve & T
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    For the Love of Hair
    Hi Pat, glad you are over that hump! Losing my hair (I have lost it 4 times) was never easy for me I hated it each and everytime. By the way since it is winter time you will need a soft sleeping cap so you don't lose your warmth while you sleep. I was told by my onco we lose our warmth through our head and feet first so keep an eye open for a soft perhaps terry cloth night cap. Wishing you all the best!

RE