I can and you will.

Options
deecore
deecore Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just received the best news of my life. On this day October 9th, 2009 I am cancer free. I am a survivor. I feel reborn, I cried and thanked God for blessing me with the support and will to fight this disease. If I can do it you can too. The most important thing is early detection. Please please get a mammogram and please please perform self -exams everyday. If it doesn't feel right please call the doctor because something small can turn out to be something big like cancer.I was in good hands at the Ireland Cancer center and I want to thank everyone there for the support they showed me.I just had to share this because anything is possible..if you think survival you will be a survivor. I want to thank my family and friends who kept me in their prayers I love you all and I want to say hello to my new family of cancer survivors we did it we are here and were not going anywhere.

Comments

• shadow1970
    shadow1970 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Yee Haw
    Sending a big YEE HAW your way, ( Im a cowgirl ) congrats Im sure that is the best feeling
  • cheyennedawn
    cheyennedawn Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Thats wonderful news!
    I am so happy for you!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, deecore!!
    That's the best news and the news we are all striving for. It's wonderful to see that it does and is possible. Enjoy your dance with NED!!
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Dancing ....
    I'm doing the HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY DANCE for you. I am hoping soon to be there too and we can dance together! Give NED a HUGE HUG FROM ME!!!!
    Love ya - Pat
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    good news,wonderful.
    I am so glad for you.Your a inspiration for all of us.God bless.(Pat).
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    This is an amazing inspiration for me. I'm scheduled for surgery on Monday, and am just starting to get kind of nervous. It helps to be reminded of the long term results that are not only possible but probable for all of us.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!You've reached the point we are all striving for..........I couldn't be happier for you!!!!
    Go out there AND LIVE LIFE!
    Continued blessings,
    Nancy
    PS........I love IRElAND! Been there, have some great friends in Killarney.
  • blugrass1
    blugrass1 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thats fantastic
    I know your extatic right now. I've been cancer free for 5 yrs. now. Next month I'll be done with Tamoxifen & not sure whats in store for me after that. My b/c was early detection but I had a full right side mastectomy & 11 lympnodes were removed, & have never regreted it one bit. I'm so happy to hear your great news. Welcome to the cancer survivors.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    blugrass1 said:

Thats fantastic
    I know your extatic right now. I've been cancer free for 5 yrs. now. Next month I'll be done with Tamoxifen & not sure whats in store for me after that. My b/c was early detection but I had a full right side mastectomy & 11 lympnodes were removed, & have never regreted it one bit. I'm so happy to hear your great news. Welcome to the cancer survivors.

Wonderful NEWS .. Now you can dance with NED ...
    VickiSam