Day 27, 28 & 29 and 2nd & 3rd & 4th Booster of Sue's Rads

Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am reallyyyyyyyyy tired. I don't know why this has hit me so hard so quickly. But, it has. I guess these boosters do take more of your energy, plus, I have already had 27 of the regular rads. I will be so glad to be done with them, even though, I will miss the people there. I think that is what keeps me going partly. I feel safe there and feel like I am doing something to fight the beast. Kind of scared of how I will feel once I am done. :(

Going to take a nap now. Hubby is cooking steaks out tonight and my sister is making twice baked potatoes, salad and texas toast. Yum Yum Yum! lol

Hope you all had a great day and have a good evening!

Sue :)

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Yum is right
    Can I come for dinner?

Sorry that the exhaustion snuck up on you Sue, but, it does do that sometimes. I was tired before my boosters, so, by the time I finished, I was exhausted too. It is good that you are taking naps. That will help. Soon you will be done and can get your strength back.

HUGS
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Yum is right
    Can I come for dinner?

Sorry that the exhaustion snuck up on you Sue, but, it does do that sometimes. I was tired before my boosters, so, by the time I finished, I was exhausted too. It is good that you are taking naps. That will help. Soon you will be done and can get your strength back.

HUGS

Listen
    to your body and get all of the rest that you can now. And remember, even after you finish, you will still need to get lots of rest and keep the creams on your skin. I am sure your rads oncologist has told you this, so, make sure that you do it. Your skin will heal pretty quickly once you are done. But, I am still tired, and, I am sure it is still the after effects from rads. Hope you get a good nap in. That sounds good...hmmmmmmmmm

♥ Noel
  • Ritzy

Yum is right
    Can I come for dinner?

HUGS

Come on over
    Ofcourse you can come for dinner. I just got up from my nap and I think hubby will be cooking soon. So, comeeeeeeeeee on over!

I feel a little refreshed, even though I didn't nap too long. And, I am hungry.

My nipple is a little sore, but, that is all so far. I am pink elsewhere, but, nothing else hurts.

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

Keep going Sue. You are almost at the finish line! Proud of you!

Kristin ♥
  • Ritzy
    Kristin N said:

Keep going Sue. You are almost at the finish line! Proud of you!

Kristin ♥

Thank you Kristin. I am
    Thank you Kristin. I am kind of proud of myself too.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Ritzy said:

Thank you Kristin. I am
    Thank you Kristin. I am kind of proud of myself too.

Hello -- Girls of Rads .. You can eat while having rads
    Rads Girls .. I am so jealous .. We Chemo Chicks, have a hard time consuming anything heavier than soups and yogurt... the first + week after our chemo treatment.

Do you have taste buds ?? - You can actually taste FOOD? Oh, how I long to taste my coffee every morning. I drink a cup everyday, but it taste like dark mud, not coffee.

A Chemo Chick that wants to eat ... STEAK, LOBSTER, SHRIMP or even a Peanut Butter& Jelly sanwich ...

VickiSam
  • Ritzy
    VickiSam said:

Rads Girls .. I am so jealous .. We Chemo Chicks, have a hard time consuming anything heavier than soups and yogurt... the first + week after our chemo treatment.

Do you have taste buds ?? - You can actually taste FOOD? Oh, how I long to taste my coffee every morning. I drink a cup everyday, but it taste like dark mud, not coffee.

A Chemo Chick that wants to eat ... STEAK, LOBSTER, SHRIMP or even a Peanut Butter& Jelly sanwich ...

VickiSam

:-(
    Vicki, I am sorry. I feel bad now that I wrote that. I wasn't even thinking about you ladies that are taking chemo and can't eat much or taste much. I was just posting what was going on tonight. So, I am sorry.

I hope that soon you will be able to taste everything. I didn't have chemo, so, I feel lucky. I truly admire all of you that do have to take it. I know that it is very physically and mentally hard.

And, I am sorry once again Vicki.

Sue :(
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Ritzy said:

:-(
    Vicki, I am sorry. I feel bad now that I wrote that. I wasn't even thinking about you ladies that are taking chemo and can't eat much or taste much. I was just posting what was going on tonight. So, I am sorry.

I hope that soon you will be able to taste everything. I didn't have chemo, so, I feel lucky. I truly admire all of you that do have to take it. I know that it is very physically and mentally hard.

And, I am sorry once again Vicki.

Sue :(

Ritzy .. First of all .. I love your sassy fat CAT
    You did not offend me in any way ... Seriously ... I am not offended. I did not know you rads girls had taste buds. You learn something new everyday.

Don't be sorry .. Sue .. Good times will come for us Chemo Chicks - which in my books means eating the finer foods.

Still laughing out LOUD ..

VickiSam
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Yeah Sue,
    I'm a little late in posting,but can you have a replay so I can come over?!!
    Yes,a lot of us go through end of treatment what do I do now syndrome. You are happy to be through with rads or whatever,but are wondering what to do from there.Thankfully,in my case,I have had follow up checkups with my oncs and surgeon-so it's not like they totally cut you off of their apron strings!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Yeah Sue,
    I'm a little late in posting,but can you have a replay so I can come over?!!
    Yes,a lot of us go through end of treatment what do I do now syndrome. You are happy to be through with rads or whatever,but are wondering what to do from there.Thankfully,in my case,I have had follow up checkups with my oncs and surgeon-so it's not like they totally cut you off of their apron strings!

I agree. I wish I could
    I agree. I wish I could have come over. Your dinner sounds good!

When you finish rads, you will still have appointments, like Patty said, and that will help with some of your feelings. They will still keep a watch over you.

Hang in there!

Kylez ♥
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    VickiSam said:

VickiSam

TASTE BUDS.....
    They will come back for GOOD about a week after your last chemo.....so hang in there...food will once again taste good, I promise!
  • survivorbc09
    VickiSam said:

Ritzy .. First of all .. I love your sassy fat CAT
    You did not offend me in any way ... Seriously ... I am not offended. I did not know you rads girls had taste buds. You learn something new everyday.

Don't be sorry .. Sue .. Good times will come for us Chemo Chicks - which in my books means eating the finer foods.

Still laughing out LOUD ..

VickiSam

Yea Vicki. Rads don't
    Yea Vicki. Rads don't effect our taste buds unless you would have them to your throat or mouth area. I am sorry also that all of you on chemo lose that. I didn't realize that either. Thanks for educating me.

HUGS
  • Ritzy
    Kylez said:

I agree. I wish I could
    I agree. I wish I could have come over. Your dinner sounds good!

When you finish rads, you will still have appointments, like Patty said, and that will help with some of your feelings. They will still keep a watch over you.

Hang in there!

Kylez ♥

Hi all! Last nights dinner
    Hi all! Last nights dinner was deeeeeeeeeeeelicious! I wish that all of you could have come and enjoyed it with us. That would have been great!

I am zonked out! Or, in otherwords, still exhausted. So, we just came straight home from rads, no reward :( But, that is ok. I need a nap bad.

Hope to post later to wish everyone good, but, need some rest now. My nipple is hurting, so, clothes rubbing on it does not feel good. But, only 2 more to go and them I am done!

• survivorbc09
    Ritzy said:

Hi all! Last nights dinner
    Hi all! Last nights dinner was deeeeeeeeeeeelicious! I wish that all of you could have come and enjoyed it with us. That would have been great!

I am zonked out! Or, in otherwords, still exhausted. So, we just came straight home from rads, no reward :( But, that is ok. I need a nap bad.

Hope to post later to wish everyone good, but, need some rest now. My nipple is hurting, so, clothes rubbing on it does not feel good. But, only 2 more to go and them I am done!

Glad that your dinner was
    Glad that your dinner was good for you. Sorry I couldn't make it. haha

I am glad to see that you are getting more rest, but, sorry that rads are exhausting you.

You will soon be done Sue!

HUGS
  • Ritzy

Glad that your dinner was
    Glad that your dinner was good for you. Sorry I couldn't make it. haha

I am glad to see that you are getting more rest, but, sorry that rads are exhausting you.

You will soon be done Sue!

HUGS

One to go!
    It is almost here! One more booster on Monday and then I am done! I can't believe it. I just got up for a minute and thought I would post. I have actually been resting most of the day, since we got back from rads. It is strange how these boosters have really knocked me on my a**. Hit me like a brickwall! KABOOM!

Where I was pink during the whole rad treatments is already clearing up. Unbelievable that it would start happening so quickly. So, I am very happy about that.

So, one more zapping on Monday and I will celebrate! I thought they might be closed for the holiday, but, thank goodness the cancer center isn't.

Have a great weekend!