Hair is shaved,I feel liberated.Yes.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone.First I would like to thank everyone of you wonderful people for reading and replying to my post about me being so upset about my hair.Well as some of you know,the last few days,my hair was starting to come out.Monday was a little when i took my hand through it.Tues.when I combed it was in hand fulls.Today it was a shedding mess.So I put a scarf on my head so it would keep the shedding from getting on stuff so bad.I knew it was getting close to being buzzed.So I cryed one last time about it.I went in the bathroom and started cutting it shorter.Then I got the clippers out and shaved it to my scalp.I took a shower,put my little scarf on,a little makeup and i feel verry releived and liberated.Yes,yes.I didn,t want anyone eles to have to do it.I know this is only temporary like some of you mentioned.Life does go on without hair.It really feels better,my head was actully hurting before I cut it.And today it looked horible.I took a basket full of hair stuff out of the bathroom.I won,t need it for awhile.Yes.Thanks again for your support.(Pat).

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Yay that you got it over
    Yay that you got it over with and you feel so much better! :)

It sounds like you are relieved. Proud of you! And it will come back! :))

[Hugs]
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Glad to hear that you got it
    Glad to hear that you got it over with. Keep us posted on how everything is going.

Hugs & prayers with you...
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Tux said:

Glad to hear that you got it
    Glad to hear that you got it over with. Keep us posted on how everything is going.

Hugs & prayers with you...

Way to go
    Way to go Pat. I thought it felt liberating too ... to actually take charge of something ... and be in control. I actually got to the point where it was great to just jump out of the shower and run the towel over my head once ... and that would be all of the "hair maintenance" required. Sure saved a lot of time getting ready for work in the mornings!

hugs.
    teena
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I'm very happy for you, Pat.
    I'm very happy for you, Pat. It sounds like you handled it well. Perhaps the anticipation was much worse than the actual event. I do agree that it is very liberating. Now, wear your baldness with pride. We're going to beat this beast together!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

I'm very happy for you, Pat.
    I'm very happy for you, Pat. It sounds like you handled it well. Perhaps the anticipation was much worse than the actual event. I do agree that it is very liberating. Now, wear your baldness with pride. We're going to beat this beast together!

WTG Pat. I know that had to
    WTG Pat. I know that had to be so very hard, but, you did it, and, now that is behind you. Just focus on killing the beast!

Kylez ♥