a beautiful weekend

rjjj
rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all my beautiful and sweet sisters. I just popped in to tell you that I held you all close in my heart during the Susan B. Koleman walk in Denver Colorado. There must have been a million walking in pink for us and for the cure. It was awesome. My Jamie had everything planned to perfection we had a large team of friends and my son Ryan his wife Angie and my 2 sweet grandaughters walked with "my gramma Jackie is a survivor" on their backs. I was sooo proud and very emotional. There were tears of Joy and tears for all of those we have lost. There was a band on every corner and quite a survivor celebration at the end. Then a lovely dinner with wine and candlelight at an fantastic italian restaurant topped off the day.
I am home now but can still feel the love that has engulfed me...i will never ever forget this amazing weekend.
I love each and every one of you my sisters in pink who have helped me to be the survivor that I am and that we all will be.
Thank you sisters!!
big huge Hugs,
Jackie

PS. I will post pictures soon, when my daughter gets them to me.

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    I am so glad that your
    I am so glad that your weekend walk for bc was so great for you! Thanks for sharing it with us Jackie!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • rjjj
    susie09 said:

I am so glad that your
    I am so glad that your weekend walk for bc was so great for you! Thanks for sharing it with us Jackie!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Thanks Susie
    I hope you have a great day. I will be sharing pics soon!
    hugs, jackie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Thank you so much for
    Thank you so much for telling us about your wonderful experience! I could visualize the crowds, and especially you and your loving, supportive family!I am anxious to see the pictures when you get a chance to post them. It all sounds positively lovely~ just like you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Awww, I am getting tears just thinking of it!
    Sounds beautiful and emotional, Jackie. What a great affirmation of your life and all you have gone through. I'm so happy that you got to share the weekend with friends and family.

Mimi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Yea, Jackie! I'd love to see
    Yea, Jackie! I'd love to see Colorado some day. I hear it is beautiful.
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Glad you had such a great
    Glad you had such a great time! It sounds like it was wonderful and you have an amazing group of family and friends supporting you! Can't wait to see your pictures!
    I actually have friends coming from Colorado to join me on my walk this coming Sunday! They opted to participate alongside me, so instead of a short drive to Denver they will be driving to Phoenix! These are people I have not seen in over 20 years! I am so excited to walk this year as a survivor. It has always been important to me but this year I am sure I will be alot more emotional than in previous years.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    elm3544 said:

Glad you had such a great
    Glad you had such a great time! It sounds like it was wonderful and you have an amazing group of family and friends supporting you! Can't wait to see your pictures!
    I actually have friends coming from Colorado to join me on my walk this coming Sunday! They opted to participate alongside me, so instead of a short drive to Denver they will be driving to Phoenix! These are people I have not seen in over 20 years! I am so excited to walk this year as a survivor. It has always been important to me but this year I am sure I will be alot more emotional than in previous years.

Emotional is all I can say .. What a wonderful
    way to celebrate with so many survivors.

Thanks for the update, it's gives us hope.

VickiSam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    All I can say is it sounds
    All I can say is it sounds absolutely awesome. I'm sure it is very emotional too. Can't wait to see your pics.
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    MyTurnNow said:

All I can say is it sounds
    All I can say is it sounds absolutely awesome. I'm sure it is very emotional too. Can't wait to see your pics.

Ahhh
    How Wonderful!!! I too got emotional reading about your time with your Family. I can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Calleen
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Sister Jackie, Good to hear
    Sister Jackie, Good to hear about your fantastic weekend. You go! What a wonderful family surrounds you. I'm wishing you a beautiful fall week. (Brrrr chilly in the morning, though). xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • rjjj
    lynn1950 said:

Sister Jackie, Good to hear
    Sister Jackie, Good to hear about your fantastic weekend. You go! What a wonderful family surrounds you. I'm wishing you a beautiful fall week. (Brrrr chilly in the morning, though). xoxoxoxo Lynn

Brrr
    It is very chilly in the morning Lynn, I may have to get back into my box of stocking hats I wore last winter when I had no hair. I do have a full head of it now, but it is very short.

I hope you and my pink sisters are keeping warm. I am hinting for one of those pink snuggies (for BC awareness) I love electric blankies....Maybe from Santa!

It is so god to hear from you all again. I wish you all the very best.
    Hugs, Jackie
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    rjjj said:

Brrr
    It is very chilly in the morning Lynn, I may have to get back into my box of stocking hats I wore last winter when I had no hair. I do have a full head of it now, but it is very short.

I hope you and my pink sisters are keeping warm. I am hinting for one of those pink snuggies (for BC awareness) I love electric blankies....Maybe from Santa!

It is so god to hear from you all again. I wish you all the very best.
    Hugs, Jackie

♥Gramma Jackie Is A Survivor ♥

Jackie, what an inspiring, emotional and beautiful weekend you had! And, to have your family with you to walk in support of bc survivors is just too good for words! I am so happy for you that you got to experience such a wonderful weekend. I did my first Relay For Life this year and I was amazed at how emotional it really is for us. So very happy for you Jackie!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Jeanne D said:

♥Gramma Jackie Is A Survivor ♥

Jackie, what an inspiring, emotional and beautiful weekend you had! And, to have your family with you to walk in support of bc survivors is just too good for words! I am so happy for you that you got to experience such a wonderful weekend. I did my first Relay For Life this year and I was amazed at how emotional it really is for us. So very happy for you Jackie!

Love, Jeanne ♥

What a great weekend you had
    What a great weekend you had Jackie! I am so happy for you that you got to walk and had your family with you! You seem to be feeling much better now emotionally and that is so good!

Hugs, Diane ♥