Tamoxifen and Hair Loss

journeyon
journeyon Member Posts: 16
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Okay, so I went through Chemo, major hair loss 12 days into it and then lost my eyelashes after it was all over (including radiation - June 30, 2009). Finally, eyelashes started to grow back in - very excited to see a short row of lashes on top and bottom - and now my lashes are stating to fall out and thin again. Stated Tamoxifen two weeks after radiation. Is Tamoxifen the cause - has anyone else had this happen to them and if so, will they thicken up before my final treatment in five years? I am happy they actually grew back, but would like them to stay (although I believe hair loss is minimal when I think of what I actually went through).

Comments

• HillBillyNana
    HillBillyNana Member Posts: 107
    Mine too
    My hair has been falling out too. I have taken Tamoxifen for 5 yars. Nothing since July. But my hair is fallilng out. Not bald like with chemo but lots of hair. I never lost hair before. Is this hormonal?
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Wow!! I sure hope hair loss
    Wow!! I sure hope hair loss isn't a side effect of Tamoxifen. I don't remember reading anything about that, but I'm going to check it out and I'll get back to you. I've been on Tamoxifen since the end of July, and so far fatigue and back aches are my big complaint.
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    contrail said:

Wow!! I sure hope hair loss
    Wow!! I sure hope hair loss isn't a side effect of Tamoxifen. I don't remember reading anything about that, but I'm going to check it out and I'll get back to you. I've been on Tamoxifen since the end of July, and so far fatigue and back aches are my big complaint.

Hair loss is included on the
    Hair loss is included on the list of potential side effects.

I sure hope my doesn't thin because it is already thin and fine anyway. :(
  • shanjanei
    shanjanei Member Posts: 6

Hair loss is included on the
    Hair loss is included on the list of potential side effects.

I sure hope my doesn't thin because it is already thin and fine anyway. :(

hair
    my hair came back in 2-mos after my last chemo and it's grad is really culry like a newborn's hair
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    shanjanei said:

hair
    my hair came back in 2-mos after my last chemo and it's grad is really culry like a newborn's hair

Hair loss .. is a high on side effort listings
    I am glad to hear that hair does grow back .. a couple of months after treatment.

Thanks for sharing ... There is HOPE for us .. suffering from hair loss.

VickiSam