Day 26 and 1st Booster of Sue's Rads

Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, this was interesting. Talk about quick, wow, I was done in about 1 minute. I, ofcourse, laid on the metal table and the tech's adjusted me with the sheet under me and they put my warm blanket on me, as always. That room is so cold! But, once they got me adjusted and the zapper was directly over my tumor site, they left and ZAP once and that was it. I told them that it wasn't even worth me getting dressed, that I should just come nude with a robe on. lol I guess you can tell by now that I am not modest, never have been and certainly not now. The young, cute male tech said " Welllllllllll". I just said "STOP", I am a happily married woman." And, we all laughed.

I can't believe it already, but, I am kind of red where the tumor was. It still really isn't burning, but, I don't like clothes to fit too tight. So, I wear big tops and ofcourse, no bra. My nipple does hurt, as, it is so sensitive, so this is affecting it the most, I think. My rads oncologist said I still look great for having all of the zapping that I have had so far. He thinks I won't burn bad, which is good news. And, I am still pink all over where I got the radiation. I am exhausted, but, treading forward. As I said, my sister is here and I want to spend every minute that I can with her. After this is over and she leaves, I can pass out. lol Hubby took us out for a hot fudge sundae, as, none of us were hungry enough to eat a meal. Sooooooooooooo, that was delicious! :)

So, 4 more boosters and then I am done with rads! I can't wait!

Thank you all and I love you!

Sue :)

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Get REST!
    Sue, I can't stress enough to you that you need to get lots of rest. You even said you were exhausted. You will be better company even to your sister if you do. Ok, enough of my lecture.

Keep the creams on even thicker, if that is possible, at the booster or tumor site. The rays are stronger and you might get burnt before you know it and you want to protect your skin.

Keep up the good work. We will all celebrate next Monday with you for your last one! I enjoy your posts.

Lex♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Alexis F said:

Get REST!
    Sue, I can't stress enough to you that you need to get lots of rest. You even said you were exhausted. You will be better company even to your sister if you do. Ok, enough of my lecture.

Keep the creams on even thicker, if that is possible, at the booster or tumor site. The rays are stronger and you might get burnt before you know it and you want to protect your skin.

Keep up the good work. We will all celebrate next Monday with you for your last one! I enjoy your posts.

Lex♥

Quick
    Yes, the booster's are quick. Like you said, it was like why did I even come? I had more booster's than you and that is when I got a little burnt, not bad, but burnt. And, my nipple did hurt and even peeled later after I was done with rads. So, put extra cream on it and be gentle. Soon you will be done and can rest and heal!
  • Ritzy
    Alexis F said:

Get REST!

Lex♥

I know I should get more
    I know I should get more rest because it is really hitting me hard now. I knew it would, it was just a matter of when I would accept it. I am really tired, but, just hate to lose any time with my sister. When I do go to bed, I almost just pass out. Hubby is warning me, but, do I listen? NOOOOOOOOO! lol

And, now I have the sugar from the hot fudge sundae in me. OOPS, sis is calling me....

Thanks for your concern!

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Ritzy said:

I know I should get more
    I know I should get more rest because it is really hitting me hard now. I knew it would, it was just a matter of when I would accept it. I am really tired, but, just hate to lose any time with my sister. When I do go to bed, I almost just pass out. Hubby is warning me, but, do I listen? NOOOOOOOOO! lol

And, now I have the sugar from the hot fudge sundae in me. OOPS, sis is calling me....

Thanks for your concern!

You do need to rest Sue. If
    You do need to rest Sue. If you don't, you could end up in the hospital. Rads take your energy and you should know this. So, get lots of it. I know you are short now, but, this is when it is really going to hit you.

Gentle hugs!
  • Ritzy

You do need to rest Sue. If
    You do need to rest Sue. If you don't, you could end up in the hospital. Rads take your energy and you should know this. So, get lots of it. I know you are short now, but, this is when it is really going to hit you.

Gentle hugs!

I did actually close my eyes
    I did actually close my eyes for a few this afternoon and I already feel better. I do need to get more rest cause my behind is really starting to dragggggggggggggg lol

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Ritzy said:

I did actually close my eyes
    I did actually close my eyes for a few this afternoon and I already feel better. I do need to get more rest cause my behind is really starting to dragggggggggggggg lol

Towards the end is when I
    Towards the end is when I really felt awful. It was like all of a sudden..BAM! That is what is happening to you now. But, you will soon be done. Actually, I felt worse right after I finished, so, just take it easy Sue.

And, I am dying for a hot fudge sundae now. hehe

Leeza
  • Ritzy
    jnl said:

Towards the end is when I
    Towards the end is when I really felt awful. It was like all of a sudden..BAM! That is what is happening to you now. But, you will soon be done. Actually, I felt worse right after I finished, so, just take it easy Sue.

And, I am dying for a hot fudge sundae now. hehe

Leeza

Oh great, I am not looking
    Oh great, I am not looking forward to my nipple peeling, but, I have a feeling that it is going to happen after I am done cause it is red. Strange that it is the main part, isn't it? I guess that is normal or not?

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Ritzy said:

Oh great, I am not looking
    Oh great, I am not looking forward to my nipple peeling, but, I have a feeling that it is going to happen after I am done cause it is red. Strange that it is the main part, isn't it? I guess that is normal or not?

I got exhausted towards the
    I got exhausted towards the end also. I didn't know how I would even finish. I never got burnt, just so tired. Get lots of rest now as you will need it yet.

And, it is cumulative, so, even when your rads are done, you will still be feeling the effects of it.

So, be sure and get as much rest as you can when you can.

And, keep using all of your creams even after you finish.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Ritzy
    susie09 said:

I got exhausted towards the
    I got exhausted towards the end also. I didn't know how I would even finish. I never got burnt, just so tired. Get lots of rest now as you will need it yet.

And, it is cumulative, so, even when your rads are done, you will still be feeling the effects of it.

So, be sure and get as much rest as you can when you can.

And, keep using all of your creams even after you finish.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Thanks Susie. I appreciate
    Thanks Susie. I appreciate all of your comments and help. Think I am heading to bed here real quick. I never realized it, but, hubby said that he thought I was even looking really tired anymore. :( I guess I just didn't want to give in to it, but, that is silly.

Thanks again.

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Ritzy said:

Thanks Susie. I appreciate
    Thanks Susie. I appreciate all of your comments and help. Think I am heading to bed here real quick. I never realized it, but, hubby said that he thought I was even looking really tired anymore. :( I guess I just didn't want to give in to it, but, that is silly.

Thanks again.

The boosters will tire you
    The boosters will tire you out even more Sue. I know they are quick. It is like why even give them, but, it is necessary.

It sounds like your hubby is still rewarding you which is so sweet. Enjoy your sister being there, but, take care of yourself too.

Kylez ♥
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Only 4 more. It seems like
    Only 4 more. It seems like we met only yesterday. I really appreciate your positive outlook, Sue. Take care to REST. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Only 4 more. It seems like
    Only 4 more. It seems like we met only yesterday. I really appreciate your positive outlook, Sue. Take care to REST. xoxoxoxo Lynn

So close
    Like Lynn said, only 4 more! You have to be so happy that the end is so close to finishing rads. And, since you are feeling exhausted, that is your body telling you that it needs rest, more rest. It is very important now to get all that you can.

♥ Noel
  • Ritzy
    Noel said:

So close
    Like Lynn said, only 4 more! You have to be so happy that the end is so close to finishing rads. And, since you are feeling exhausted, that is your body telling you that it needs rest, more rest. It is very important now to get all that you can.

♥ Noel

I know, only 4 to go!
    I know, only 4 to go! yeaaaaaaa lol I slept like a log last night. I finally went to bed early for a change. I need to start doing that until I finish. Like I said, I just keep pushing myself and I am going to have to stop it. Thanks for your support!