No surgery Oct. 16

GOOFYLADIE
GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all,
My primary physician cancelled the surgery for my cervical spine. He is ordering more tests and then sending me to Stanford. I am a little relieved to say the least. I am having circulation issues. So the third surgery may be a blocked artery below the waist. But we shall see. That may end up being first surgery by the time its all said and done. Never a dull moment in my house hold. What crazy life we can be given.

So, I am so thankful, my husband and I were talking things over and we knew I have a great surgeon, here. But, I did not get a second opinion. I even got a second opinion when I knew I had to get 2 knee replacements. I went to Stanford then. But for some reason, I wasn't worried enough this time to go for a second opinion. I guess, I figured I have the best of the best surgeons and he surely knows what he's doing. I really didn't and don't want to stay on liquids. I get too thin. But I really feel relieved now that the doctor is sending me onto Stanford. Anyway, just an update. I hope everyone is doing great, if you need a little extra something, something PLease don't hesitate to write me a PM. I truly don't might. It makes me feel better that I am not just sitting or laying around here wasting time. If you need someone, I am RIGHT HERE! I have been there done that for the most part. Stage IV colon cancer. 11 years clear. Make it a Great Day!!!
Goofyladie (Cass)

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Sounds...
    ....good that they are going to run more tests before jumping into surgery, surgery is scary, and at least you trust your surgeon. I never got a second opinion on my treatment, the onc I have is well-recommended, and alot of nurses told me if they ever got colon cancer, she'd be the one they go too as well.

You truly inspire me that there is hope we can live longer with this dreadful disease. A friend of mine just passed away from her 3 year battle with this disease, and she was only 27! We met at the chemo infusion center, and she was such a witty, strong, amazing and generous girl, I only saw her 3 weeks ago, she rode a bike for a 50 mile marathon for cancer in August, and it was hard hearing that she is now gone, she seemed fine just a few weeks ago :(

Have you been juicing or do you eat a healthy diet and all to stay alive longer, and do you exercise? I hope I can live as long as you, I feel abit down today, with my friends passing and all, it just takes your hope away when you hear that, and now, I'm kind of scared today and just not with it.

Thanks for talking Cass, I hope to hear from you soon!
    Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • GOOFYLADIE
    GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232 Member
    Shayenne said:

Sounds...
    ....good that they are going to run more tests before jumping into surgery, surgery is scary, and at least you trust your surgeon. I never got a second opinion on my treatment, the onc I have is well-recommended, and alot of nurses told me if they ever got colon cancer, she'd be the one they go too as well.

You truly inspire me that there is hope we can live longer with this dreadful disease. A friend of mine just passed away from her 3 year battle with this disease, and she was only 27! We met at the chemo infusion center, and she was such a witty, strong, amazing and generous girl, I only saw her 3 weeks ago, she rode a bike for a 50 mile marathon for cancer in August, and it was hard hearing that she is now gone, she seemed fine just a few weeks ago :(

Have you been juicing or do you eat a healthy diet and all to stay alive longer, and do you exercise? I hope I can live as long as you, I feel abit down today, with my friends passing and all, it just takes your hope away when you hear that, and now, I'm kind of scared today and just not with it.

Thanks for talking Cass, I hope to hear from you soon!
    Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Hi Donna
    I am so sorry to here about your friend. This hideous disease decides who, and what disease and when. I HATE IT. But in that I have NEVER let it take over my life. I do not know why I am here. I ate all the veggies, and I did not eat a lot of red meat. I ate more fruits and veggies and I was and out doors person and I was always playing with my kids or exercising. I was not a fanatic. Not the type, where people said you know, shes at the gym again. I mean, I worked in my yard. I played ball and roller bladed with my kids I was very active. So I did everything they say you are supposed to do, and I got it anyway.

I do walk everyday, about 3-5 miles usually 3. I eat my veggies and fruit. I eat red meat sparingly. Only because it messes with the ulcerative colitis which is a side effect from the colon cancer and right hemi-colectomy. I love ice cream but it doesn't like me, but I know when I am up for it. Sooooo when I know I can handle it I go for it. The doctors told me, I know my system better than they could tell me. They also told me I could try lactaid free, but I haven't yet. Do not be afraid of this disease. You turn around and stare it in the face and give all you have those beautiful kids of yours are giving you the strength you need to move forward. I am so proud to see you on this board. You go girl. Your words are helping heal others, go back and read some of your posts maybe you need a taste of your own medicine. It is good stuff!!

Do not let CANCER lurk over your shoulder because then it wears you down and you don't get to enjoy all the great the things our kids, friends and our new friends on this board have to offer.. Yes you are allowed to have a bad day... But tomorrow, reach back pick yourself up by that collar and lift yourself up cause its gonna be GOOD BABY!! Make it a Great Day !!Goofyladie (Cass)
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    I sent you a PM
    Wow! That you are 11 years clear. That is fantastic news. Good luck!
    Marie
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Surgery
    Sounds like you have a really wonderful doctor by what you described. Circulation issues are a big deal especially when dealing with surgery so it's good that you are waiting. Thank you for your offer to be there for everyone. That is very thoughtful of good. Let us know what is happening.

Kim