Maine native Patrick Dempsey's bike-and-run for charity draws 3,500-plus participants while raising

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=287431&ac=PHnws

I just wanted to share an awesome story that raised money for cancer and the facility that I receive my treatments.

Margo

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    I will look this up
    but hey-where is our joke for the day? You know we have to have it,Margo!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

I will look this up
    but hey-where is our joke for the day? You know we have to have it,Margo!

See thread about 3 or 4 below named:
    Zen Sarcasm Part 1
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565

See thread about 3 or 4 below named:
    Zen Sarcasm Part 1

ahh-
    I see it now-thanks!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    This is awesome, Margo...
    Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards, Susan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

This is awesome, Margo...
    Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards, Susan

Doctor - McDreamy ...
    Thank you for sharing ... Margo ..

VickiSam
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    VickiSam said:

Doctor - McDreamy ...
    Thank you for sharing ... Margo ..

VickiSam

Okay girls, here is a tidbit
    Okay girls, here is a tidbit of info I don't share with many, but with the great results from Patrick Dempsey's fund raising event, I am going to let you in on a secret. Patrick and his family have a home across the street from me in Jacksonville, Texas (On Lake Jacksonville), and my husband and I have been able to develop a relationship with them over the past year. He is very proud of the things he is able to do because of his "recognizable face", as he says it, and really does use it to benefit those less fortunate. Patrick is just so down to earth, and is very compassionate when it comes to those dealing with cancer. It is a privilege to have him as a friend, and especially a friend who does something to help others. I know there are lots of celebrities out there who profess to be involved, but there are those few who really do use their popularity to benefit someone other than themselves. Next time they are in town I will be sure to tell him he made the "ACS Board" regarding his efforts. Thanks, Margo, for sharing this. Hugs.

Judy