Hard to breathe after surgery

helen e
helen e Member Posts: 223
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy on Friday and sleeping on my back and breathing deep hurts. Has anyone else had this problem? I can only sleep on my right side and even that hurts. I have to lay my arm on my incision and of course that hurts also. I know that I am the world's biggest whimp (no lie! I have a very low pain tolerance level) but I didn't expect to have trouble breathing.

Comments

• lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    I made sure I put the ice
    I made sure I put the ice pack on at least 20 minutes an hour after my surgery. I never had any breathing problems, my throat hurt from that tube they put down during surgery, though. I took extra stength Tylenol also. Actually, my right side was a bit tender, I sleep on my left side for the most part anyway. My tumor was in my RT. breast.
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    You
    should contact your surgeon. Some people develope pnemonia after surgery. Im not saying that is what the problem is, but call them anyways.

take care
    laura
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    lolad said:

You
    should contact your surgeon. Some people develope pnemonia after surgery. Im not saying that is what the problem is, but call them anyways.

take care
    laura

You should call your surgeon
    You should call your surgeon right away. I don't think that is normal, but, I don't want to scare you. Let us know.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

You should call your surgeon
    You should call your surgeon right away. I don't think that is normal, but, I don't want to scare you. Let us know.

I hope you don't have an infection .. Please
    contact your surgeon ... Please let us know, the outcome.

VickiSam