laser resection of lung mets

feniks
feniks Member Posts: 33 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I want to share something with all of you who have lung metastases.My wife is diagnosed with CRC in march last year, 3 mets to the lungs.She have FOLFOX,avastin,tomudex,cpt,erbitux.Last three scans showed 16 mets.We was devastated.I search on the net most of the time and found this procedure,in Germany.I make contact and in the meantime wife find same in Czech republic when we live.We wasn't sure about this and I call surgeon,this is University hospital in Plzen.He speak with me before 2 months and said it's possible.She have PET/CT on wednesday and today we get mail from him and he said he see the results ,mets are still there but he will operated,all 16.We cant believed,meeting witth surgeon is on tuesday,09.10.If anybody have any questions please ask.

Comments

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Thank you for sharing the
    Thank you for sharing the information.It's great to know that you found a surgeon who can operate on your wife's lung and get rid of all the mets.For the time being,surgery is still the best way of dealing with cancer.Best luck and best wishes to you and your wife on meeting with surgeon and the surgery.Take care.
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    I will
    say a prayer for you and your wife .................................................................................................... AMEN
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Thanks for sharing your
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I will be praying for you and your wife. Please let us know if you need anything or have any questions. There is always someone on this forum that has similar experiences. Let us know how things are going.

God Bless You all,

Debbie (gramma)
  • feniks
    Tomorrow
    wife is ongoing laser lung resection.She have 22 mets,only two is active but she/we decided to go surgery.Surgeon will finish 1 lung,don't know yet which.Need some prayer.Thank you,Alex.
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    feniks said:

Tomorrow
    wife is ongoing laser lung resection.She have 22 mets,only two is active but she/we decided to go surgery.Surgeon will finish 1 lung,don't know yet which.Need some prayer.Thank you,Alex.

Still Praying
    Dear Alex,

I am continuing to pray for your wife and family. Thank you for keeping us updated. Sorry that you are having to go thru this. Just keep on fighting. I don't have any experience with lung mets but I'm sure its no fun. Maybe someone else here can give you some words of wisdom on the subject. We are all here for you.

God Bless You,

Debbie (gramma)
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    feniks said:

Tomorrow

Good luck tomorrow. I will
    Good luck tomorrow. I will pray for both of you.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    feniks said:

Tomorrow

In my thoughts
    I'm pulling for you both and for her medical team. Please continue to keep us posted about your wife and this procedure.
    -phil
  • feniks
    PhillieG said:

In my thoughts
    I'm pulling for you both and for her medical team. Please continue to keep us posted about your wife and this procedure.
    -phil

Surgery
    is finished,doc removed 13 mets.That's all I know,he told me all went well and we hope there won't be any major complication.Thank'Ss to you all,Alex
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    feniks said:

Surgery
    is finished,doc removed 13 mets.That's all I know,he told me all went well and we hope there won't be any major complication.Thank'Ss to you all,Alex

Hoping
    for a speedy recovery and to be well soon,

michelle
  • feniks

Hoping
    for a speedy recovery and to be well soon,

michelle

Just want to update
    Just want to update.It's been three weeks from surgery and we can say it went well.Doc remove from left lung 13 pieces of tissue from that 4 was necrotic mets,7 was active mets,one was l.node,one was fat.Her also took 14 l.nodes and they were clear.He said he took out everything he could see.Next surgery is scheduled on 11.2.2010 on right lung wher she have 9,according to PET/CT.
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    feniks said:

Just want to update
    Just want to update.It's been three weeks from surgery and we can say it went well.Doc remove from left lung 13 pieces of tissue from that 4 was necrotic mets,7 was active mets,one was l.node,one was fat.Her also took 14 l.nodes and they were clear.He said he took out everything he could see.Next surgery is scheduled on 11.2.2010 on right lung wher she have 9,according to PET/CT.

plasmonic oncology?
    Do you know what type of laser treatment? Was it an open surgery or laproscopic? Who is the surgeon? Where exactly did you get it done? How much would it cost for an American to have it done? Does he do liver mets as well?

I hope your wife is well and that she has a speedy recovery!
  • feniks
    snommintj said:

plasmonic oncology?
    Do you know what type of laser treatment? Was it an open surgery or laproscopic? Who is the surgeon? Where exactly did you get it done? How much would it cost for an American to have it done? Does he do liver mets as well?

I hope your wife is well and that she has a speedy recovery!

DR AXEL ROLLE
    -ND-Yag laser 1308
    -open lung surgery-thoractomy
    -prof.rolle@fachkrankenhaus-coswig.de
    -http://www.ctsnet.org/home/arolle
    -11.000 euro for one lung
    -no,only lungs

http://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6&sid=e2bb6a152f8c7d46669cc70cbdf766f7
    Thank you for your wishes and I think it's worth trying.