On the down hill slide...finally...

taleena
taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello all warrior sisters... First I would like to acknowledge that I haven't been as active with greeting new members, celebrating dances with NED, or milestones passed, or encouraging on those currently in the process of treatment... I can only say that you have ALL been in my thoughts, I have been reading all the posts, but honestly find it exhausting to type...I've been so tired that even fb games have suffered...lol.. So please know that I am welcoming all new memebers, sorry for your having to find us.. but you found the best place for support... and everyone else, you are never far from my thoughts and always in my heart.

I crossed the threshold to the half way point this week... on the down hill slide to the much anticipated finish line of Rads... and thankfully so... My skin hasn't gotten any more red than it already had from the first 3 weeks.. they gave me "Regenecare Wound Gel" with Lidocaine for the blisted areas and though it doesn't stop the pain on the inside which is just extremely tender... it has taken the edge off of the pain that I was having... Thank goodness...

I am continuing to work though it is taking me longer to get out of bed in the mornings, and when I get home (early).. I am wiped out... looking forward to feeling more like myself sometime here soon... 16 more rounds to go...

Well, that's my update... I hope this finds you all doing well!

♥ & hugs,

~T

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Halfway Done!
    T, thank you for letting us know how you are doing. I'm glad the gel is helping. The good news also is that most everyone begins healing very quickly about a week after your last treatment.

Keep hanging in there, girl. It will be over and behind you sooner than you think. I promise.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Hang in there, Taleena
    Glad you are updating us and happy you are almost to that finish line. Sometimes it is too tiring to write posts. I've often been there. Just read and know we are thinking of you. Can't wait to celebrate with you when you're finished.

Mimi
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    that must be a strange yet comforting thing to know that your nearing the finish line now. For so long everything seem so new, uncertain, and that you felt like you'd never see that finish line... congrats... Try to rest, I know that's hard with busy lives..... and I'm glad they gave you something to help with the burn pains. We will be finishing rad around the same time.. I'm @ #13 of 30,(knock on wood my skin is holding up pretty good, no redness yet)).... We can rejoice together... and then begin to truely heal form this ordeal...

((((hugs)))
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    On the downhill slide finally
    Hi Taleena, glad you posted, have been thinking about you and wondering how your skin was doing, good to hear the wound gel is working. Take care of yourself, rest any time you can, and post when you are done with rads.
    I cannot even imagine going to work, taking care of home, kids, etc.......you are amazing managing all that.
    I am retired, hubby is my helper, and I manage rads only because I do not have all the other things to keep up with unless my energy level is there.
    Enjoy your weekend and I hope you can rest rest rest, and find time to celebrate HALF DONE with rads.
    sgamtd
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Hey Taleena....
    I'm so sorry you had to even need the wound gel, but glad it is working for you. Yes...the halfway mark. I still remember how excited I was when I got there. It felt like such a bright spot in the big sceam of things. Don't worry about posting, just grunt occasionally so we know your hanging in there! LOL Please take it easy and try not to overdo it (which I think we all do anyway). Hugs and smiles!! Pammy
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Akiss4me said:

Hey Taleena....
    I'm so sorry you had to even need the wound gel, but glad it is working for you. Yes...the halfway mark. I still remember how excited I was when I got there. It felt like such a bright spot in the big sceam of things. Don't worry about posting, just grunt occasionally so we know your hanging in there! LOL Please take it easy and try not to overdo it (which I think we all do anyway). Hugs and smiles!! Pammy

T, I'm glad that you are

T, I'm glad that you are half way through with rads and that they were able to give you something that helps the burn. You've had so many delays, I'm sure you're really looking forward to the finish line. Hope things have settled down a bit with your personal life. Get as much rest as you can and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Joyce