Need Suggestions For Party

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am going to have a celebration after the Komen walk on the 11th and need some ideas. It is to thank everyone for participating and donating. I was thinking of a pink theme or a race theme. My sister wants to make a 1/2 way cake for me. She said she would put a finish line at one end and write something like "half way there" since I finished chemo and am soon starting rads.
I need some food ideas! I want to prepare everything the day before since I will be at the race site fairly early in the morning, then everyone will be coming straight to my house after. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    I know you already have cake
    I know you already have cake for a sweetie, but if you're looking for more, I've seen double sugar cookies decorated with frosting to look like...well, you've guessed it. : ) xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Sorry elm....
    All I can think of is pink lemonade. My mind is not working today. Pammy
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Akiss4me said:

Sorry elm....
    All I can think of is pink lemonade. My mind is not working today. Pammy

Hey
    I just googled pink foods breast cancer.. it gave a BUNCH of ideas!! oh and don't forget that panera bread has special bagles for breast cancer month!!!
  • elm3544
    Thanks ladies. I appreciate
    Thanks ladies. I appreciate it!
    My husband is registered for the walk but instead he is going to stay home and get everything ready so I don't have to do it. I think we are serving alcohol too. Maybe I can come up with a pink coctail of some sort.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    elm3544 said:

My husband is registered for the walk but instead he is going to stay home and get everything ready so I don't have to do it. I think we are serving alcohol too. Maybe I can come up with a pink coctail of some sort.

I would go with the Pink
    I would go with the Pink theme, how about strawberry margaritas. I can't think of any pink foods. Decorate with pink balloons and crepe paper, use pink paper plates and cups. Play Pink songs. Maybe no one will notice the food isn't pink!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    elm3544 said:

Ice cream drink?
    What you are doing is great Elm! As far as a drink, if you like an alcohol ice cream drink, try a Pink Squirrel! YUMMY! They are delicious and they are a beautiful pink color.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • elm3544
    susie09 said:

Ice cream drink?
    What you are doing is great Elm! As far as a drink, if you like an alcohol ice cream drink, try a Pink Squirrel! YUMMY! They are delicious and they are a beautiful pink color.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

I love these ideas! I think
    I love these ideas! I think I will get pink plates, napkins, etc. What is a pink squirrel?
    Strawberry margaritas or daquiries are a good idea, too! Thanks, girls!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    elm3544 said:

I love these ideas! I think I will get pink plates, napkins, etc. What is a pink squirrel?

OMG! Pink squirrels are
    OMG! Pink squirrels are delicious! How do you make them?
  • JGrim
    JGrim Member Posts: 36
    I went to a party once where
    I went to a party once where the hostess had created fake "sushi" out of candy... gummy things, fruit leather, marshmallows, etc., all put together to look like popular sushi dishes. You could do that, too, but with pink candy... all pink "sushi".
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    elm3544 said:

Aside from Pink Lemonade,
    Aside from Pink Lemonade, which can be "virgin" or spiked with Vodka~ there are always Cosmos! And chicken salad, with lots of red grapes, and I think a drop or 2 of red food coloring in the mayo would make it a lovely shade of pink! I have also made a salmon spread with softened cream cheese, canned salmon, lotsa chopped dill, s/p and it is rather pink too! Serve with toast rounds. Oh yeah, Rose' wine, or a pink Grenache....

The halfway cake sounds so sweet! :-)

let us know what neato things you make...no doubt lots of us will want to imitate your success!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    JGrim said:

I went to a party once where
    I went to a party once where the hostess had created fake "sushi" out of candy... gummy things, fruit leather, marshmallows, etc., all put together to look like popular sushi dishes. You could do that, too, but with pink candy... all pink "sushi".

Just a thought~~
    ~~and totally not like me at all...but what about "shots" from an IV bag hanging on a pole??
    Hopefully not taken as offensive, but just as something fun....and of course, being responsible~~they could even be non~alcoholic. Or an energy drink!
  • elm3544

Just a thought~~
    ~~and totally not like me at all...but what about "shots" from an IV bag hanging on a pole??
    Hopefully not taken as offensive, but just as something fun....and of course, being responsible~~they could even be non~alcoholic. Or an energy drink!

funny!
    I wonder if they have those at the party store...
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188

Just a thought~~

COOL IDEA!!
    I so am filing this idea away for my 1 year "Yippee, I can still bug the crap out of you" party!! Awesome idea!! Better chance at getting an IV bag from a vet than a Doc or Hospital though! Keep batting your eyes and bring fluffy for support! Pammy